Hi David,
I have been maintaining my own version of those scripts. I can share them
if you think they would be useful
I have made some changes-

- Upload rpm repo file using scp to the cluster nodes (not using the
.repo file at Cloudera's location that was broken after last release. Not
sure if its fixed now)
- Point state store IP in /etc/default/impala to meta store IP (by
default it will point to 127.0.0.1)
- HDFS short circuit and metadata location settings.
- Mount multiple disks in HDFS.
- Replace the command to start stat-store and impalad with proper
'service' commands.

The current version works for me, although I do have to start impald after
setup-impala script is run. I am doing it in the installer.sh script's loop.

Thanks,
Jaideep