Hello CDH, Impala and Cloudera Manager Users,
We are pleased to announce the release of Cloudera Impala Beta (version
0.7). This is the final beta drop of Impala prior to GA later this quarter.
This version has multiple performance improvements and adds the following
- Added support for the Parquet columnar file format
- Bigger and faster joins through the addition of partitioned joins to
the already supported broadcast joins
- Fully distributed aggregations
- Fully distributed top-n computation
- Added support for Avro
- Support for creating and altering tables
- Support for GROUP BY with floats and doubles
- For a full list of features and fixes please see the Release
In this version, both CDH4.1 and 4.2 are supported, but due to performance
improvements added, we highly recommend you use CDH4.2 to see the full
benefit. If you are using Cloudera Manager, version 4.5 is required.
As a reminder, here is how you can get started with Impala:
- Use Cloudera Manager 4.5 to deploy Impala. Documentation can be found
here: Installing Impala with Cloudera
- To deploy Impala without Cloudera Manager support, visit Cloudera's
download page <https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/SUPPORT/Downloads> and
follow the instructions under "Cloudera Impala Beta Release". Please note
that you need to have CDH 4.2.x installed on RHEL5.7/6.2, Centos5.7/6.2,
SUSE 11 with Service Pack 1 or later, Ubuntu 10.04/12.04, or Debian 6.03.
- Impala FAQ<http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/ImpalaBeta/0.7/Cloudera-Impala-Frequently-Asked-Questions/Cloudera-Impala-Frequently-Asked-Questions.html>
- Access the demo VM of
The VM includes instructions that show you the power of Impala.
- E-learning course on "An Introduction To
- Access the Impala source code at: https://github.com/cloudera/impala.
- Download and review the Impala
Once you get started, we encourage you to provide feedback. We have the
following mechanisms set up to do this:
- An Impala user
been set up. Please use this to ask questions and provide feedback.
- An Impala Jira project <http://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA> has
been set up. Feature requests and bug reports are welcome.