lets see the file hive-site.xml, I Had do it but don't remember.
Regards

2013/4/5 <tim@innoplexia.com>
Hi, I installed Impala with the Cloudera Manager 4.5 Free Edition on a
cluster.
The shell works fine on the machines with data nodes.

When I'm trying to use the Impala Query UI in the Hue I always get the
following error: "Could not connect to localhost:21000".
I think this is because the Hue is installed on an extra server without
having an own data node. Therefore there is no Impala service to access to
on this local machine.

I don't know what properties to set and where to set them to change the
host from "localhost" to an other server's address.
I tried to change several "hue.ini" files, I found on the server with the
Hue, but i didn't succeed yet.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Brooks at Apr 5, 2013 at 1:36 pm
    If you are configuring Hue using Cloudera Manager to connect to Impala on a different host edit Hue | Configuration | Service Wide | Advanced | Hue Service Configuration Safety Valve for hue_safety_valve.ini and add the text:

      [impala]
      server_host=xxx

    where xxx is the hostname for a host running an impalad

    Then restart Hue.

    HTH,

    Mark

    --
    Mark Brooks
    Cloudera, Inc | Systems Engineer

    lets see the file hive-site.xml, I Had do it but don't remember.
    Regards

    Hi, I installed Impala with the Cloudera Manager 4.5 Free Edition on a cluster.
    The shell works fine on the machines with data nodes.

    When I'm trying to use the Impala Query UI in the Hue I always get the following error: "Could not connect to localhost:21000".
    I think this is because the Hue is installed on an extra server without having an own data node. Therefore there is no Impala service to access to on this local machine.

    I don't know what properties to set and where to set them to change the host from "localhost" to an other server's address.
    I tried to change several "hue.ini" files, I found on the server with the Hue, but i didn't succeed yet.
  • Mikhail Cherepnev at May 29, 2013 at 8:32 am
    Hello, Mark

    Can I use list of hosts with implald running? Or if it is not necessary to
    run multiple impalad in cluster?

    mbr...@cloudera.com <javascript:>

    lets see the file hive-site.xml, I Had do it but don't remember.
    Regards

    Hi, I installed Impala with the Cloudera Manager 4.5 Free Edition on a
    cluster.
    The shell works fine on the machines with data nodes.

    When I'm trying to use the Impala Query UI in the Hue I always get the
    following error: "Could not connect to localhost:21000".
    I think this is because the Hue is installed on an extra server without
    having an own data node. Therefore there is no Impala service to access to
    on this local machine.

    I don't know what properties to set and where to set them to change the
    host from "localhost" to an other server's address.
    I tried to change several "hue.ini" files, I found on the server with the
    Hue, but i didn't succeed yet.

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop
postedApr 5, '13 at 10:57a