I just run into an issue, and could not find anything on it in the Docu of
faq.
I played around a bit with partitioned Hive tables and querying them in
Impala.
When i tried to query a table that is partitioned by a timestamp column, i
got a load of error messages and Exceptions, that essantially said that a
table partitioned by a timestamp is not supported.
I tried it again, with the same table but partitioned by a string and
casted my timestamps to strings, and volià: it works.

So my question: Will this be supported in some future beta release or GA?

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop
postedApr 5, '13 at 9:04a
activeApr 5, '13 at 9:04a