Hello every one
I'm newer to Impala, and I find it very very fast then Hive, and as
it described by Cloudera it is done for real time!!,
but my question is :* Does Impala make errors on results when
it executes queries ( like COUNT, SUM, AVG, ...etc)*
when we add on real time lines (data) to the Hive Tables (files hdfs)??.
Thanks for your return of experiences.

Search Discussions

  • Miklos Christine at Apr 5, 2013 at 5:22 pm
    Hello,

    No, it does not make errors. Some results may not be up to date if data is
    constantly being added.
    When adding data in hive, you will need to update the impala metadata by
    executing the "refresh" command from the impala-shell.
    For more information, you can read the "Updating Metadata" section here:
    https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/IMPALA10DOC/Data+Loading+and+Querying+Examples

    Thanks,
    Miklos

    I'm newer to Impala, and I find it very very fast then Hive, and as
    it described by Cloudera it is done for real time!!,
    but my question is :* Does Impala make errors on results when
    it executes queries ( like COUNT, SUM, AVG, ...etc)*
    when we add on real time lines (data) to the Hive Tables (files hdfs)??.
    Thanks for your return of experiences.

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop
postedApr 5, '13 at 9:32a