I am using Cloudera Manager 4.5 woth Impala beta installed in it.

I would like to know if the only way to refresh the metastore is using the
impala-shell ?

*$ impala-shell -i impala-host -q refresh*

Cant the refresh command be issued in the Cloudera Manager via the HUE Web
UI ? I got an error saying 'invalid identifier'

Thanks,
Sachin

Search Discussions

  • Alan Choi at Mar 19, 2013 at 5:20 pm
    Hi Sachin,

    Right now, the only way to refresh the Impala metadata is through the
    impala-shell.

    Thanks,
    Alan

    I am using Cloudera Manager 4.5 woth Impala beta installed in it.

    I would like to know if the only way to refresh the metastore is using the
    impala-shell ?

    *$ impala-shell -i impala-host -q refresh*

    Cant the refresh command be issued in the Cloudera Manager via the HUE Web
    UI ? I got an error saying 'invalid identifier'

    Thanks,
    Sachin

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop