In compile instruction document README.md. One major point didn't metion.
Before run /build_public.sh -build_thirdparty, You should install
protobuf-2.4.1 in your machine.
Like this:
wget http://protobuf.googlecode.com/files/protobuf-2.4.1.tar.bz2
tar jxvf protobuf-2.4.1.tar.bz2
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make check
make install

I have ever met a lot of problems, due to did not install protobuf or
version is mistaken.

Good luck for every compiling guy.

Search Discussions

  • Harish Mandala at Mar 13, 2013 at 12:12 am
    Good work, I tried pretty hard and gave up eventually, and used
    Cloudera manager. It would be nice if the compilation and config
    process was better documented or easier or both.

    -Harish
    In compile instruction document README.md. One major point didn't metion.
    Before run /build_public.sh -build_thirdparty, You should install
    protobuf-2.4.1 in your machine.
    Like this:
    wget http://protobuf.googlecode.com/files/protobuf-2.4.1.tar.bz2
    tar jxvf protobuf-2.4.1.tar.bz2
    ./configure --prefix=/usr
    make
    make check
    make install

    I have ever met a lot of problems, due to did not install protobuf or
    version is mistaken.

    Good luck for every compiling guy.
  • Thiswym at Mar 13, 2013 at 1:51 am
    在 2013年3月12日星期二UTC+8上午10时02分22秒,thi...@163.com写道:
    In compile instruction document README.md. One major point didn't metion.
    Before run /build_public.sh -build_thirdparty, You should install
    protobuf-2.4.1 in your machine.
    Like this:
    wget http://protobuf.googlecode.com/files/protobuf-2.4.1.tar.bz2
    tar jxvf protobuf-2.4.1.tar.bz2
    ./configure --prefix=/usr
    make
    make check
    make install

    I have ever met a lot of problems, due to did not install protobuf or
    version is mistaken.

    Good luck for every compiling guy.

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop