I wish I could share some concerns with you regarding how the use of Impala
is supposed to be promoted amongst non-JDBC environments, due to
restrictive license terms. Let me add I'm not very good at reading (and
understanding licenses). The ODBC drivers license seems to indicate that
redistribution is not allowed. Therefore I understand this driver is for
testing purpose only ?

I've successfully tied the ODBC driver for MicroStrategy with Impala,
making the ODBC driver an essential component of my product.

In other words, did anyone already handled the question of creating a
commercial product (non-GPL) using Impala through ODBC (couldn't tell for
the JDBC license, its license is not in the driver's ZIP archive). I was
expecting to have copyleft driver I could distribute with my apps, as I
experienced for relational databases (eg postgresql where the odbc drivers
or C/C++ access libraries are free).

Thank you !

Sekine

Search Discussions

  • Justin Erickson at Mar 14, 2013 at 1:22 am
    Hi Sekine,

    Thanks for pointing this out. I'm looking into revising the license so you
    can redistribute the ODBC driver.

    Thanks,
    Justin

[...]

  • Sékine Coulibaly at Mar 14, 2013 at 12:52 pm
    Hi Justin,

    This is great great news indeed !

[...]

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop