Hi
I have some similar question as I am trying to understand the partitioning
in impala.
Here are my questions what the metric field being referred to in the
schema(which has Metric_key, metric_time and value) which filed the
partitioned column metric refers to.
Also how do you make you data partition aware do we have to do INSERT INTO
this new table from the original hive table that has data from HDFS copy
operation.
Also does 288 bucket means that all data will be divided into 288 partition
or so
CREATE TABLE TS_FACT(
Metric_key int,
metric_time int,
value STRING )
PARTITIONED BY (metric STRING)
CLUSTERED BY(metric_key) sorted by (metric_time) INTO 288 buckets
STORED AS SEQUENCEFILE;

select * from ts_fact where metric='traffin' and metric_time=1352985707
union all select * from ts_fact where metric='traffout' and
metric_time=1352985707 union all select * from ts_fact where
metric='utilin' and metric_time=1352985707;

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop
postedMar 1, '13 at 12:41a
activeMar 1, '13 at 12:41a