I noticed that support for Avro came in the latest Impala 0.6 release
(https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA-2), but I've run into an issue
with the hive Struct data type, stack trace below. Are there plans to
support hive structs in Impala?

Thanks.

Caused by: com.cloudera.impala.catalog.Db$TableLoadingException: Failed to
load
metadata for table: avrotest due to unsupported column type
struct<a:array<struct<v1:string,count:int,v2:int,
v3:int>>,b:array<struct<v1:string,v2:int,
v3:int,v4:int>>,
c:array<struct<v1:string,v2:int,
v3:string,v4:string>>,
d:array<struct<v1:string,v2:int,v3:string,
v4:string>>> in column impressionhistory

Search Discussions

  • Henry Robinson at Feb 27, 2013 at 11:06 pm
    Hi Michael -

    We don't plan to support structured types before our GA release, but doing
    so is definitely on our roadmap thereafter.

    Thanks,
    Henry

    --
    Henry Robinson
    Software Engineer

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop
postedFeb 27, '13 at 11:01p
activeFeb 27, '13 at 11:06p
websitecloudera.com
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Michael Moss: 1 post Henry Robinson: 1 post