Hello CDH, Impala and Cloudera Manager Users,

We are pleased to announce the release of Cloudera Impala Beta (version
0.6). This version of Impala adds support for data stored in the RCFile
format and a number of bug fixes. We also now support Impala running on
SUSE and Debian/Ubuntu. Impala is now supported on:

- RHEL5.7/6.2 and Centos5.7/6.2
- SUSE 11 with Service Pack 1 or later
- Ubuntu 10.04/12.04 and Debian 6.03

Please note that Impala .6 requires the use of CDH4.2 and CM4.5. Please
upgrade your CM and CDH versions before upgrading to Impala .6.

Impala Betas will be regularly updated with features, bug fixes, and
performance enhancements. We will typically release such updates every 2 -
4 weeks. Please check the release notes to find out what's
new<https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/IMPALA10BETADOC/Cloudera+Impala+1.0+Beta+Release+Notes>
with
each update. For more questions, visit the Impala
FAQ<https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/IMPALA10BETADOC/Impala+Frequently+Asked+Questions>
page,
email impala-user@cloudera.org, or file jiras under the IMP project.

As a reminder, here is how you can get started with Impala:

- Use Cloudera Manager 4.5 to deploy Impala. Documentation can be found
here: Installing Impala with Cloudera
Manager<https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/ENT45DOC/Installing+Impala+with+Cloudera+Manager>
- To deploy Impala without Cloudera Manager support, visit Cloudera's
download page <https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/SUPPORT/Downloads> and
follow the instructions under "Cloudera Impala Beta Release". Please note
that you need to have CDH 4.2.x installed on RHEL5.7/6.2, Centos5.7/6.2,
SUSE 11 with Service Pack 1 or later, Ubuntu 10.04/12.04 or Debian 6.03.

*Resources:*

- Access the demo VM of
Impala<https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/SUPPORT/Cloudera%27s+Impala+Demo+VM>.
The VM includes instructions that show you the power of Impala.
- E-learning course on "An Introduction To
Impala"<http://training.cloudera.com/elearning/impala/>
- Access the Impala source code at: https://github.com/cloudera/impala.
- Download and review the Impala
documentation<https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/DOC/Documentation#Documentation-ClouderaImpalaDocumentation>
.

*Feedback:*
Once you get started, we encourage you to provide feedback. We have the
following mechanisms set up to do this:

- An Impala user
group<https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/impala-user>
has
been set up. Please use this to ask questions and provide feedback.
- An Impala Jira project <http://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA> has
been set up. Feature requests and bug reports are welcome.

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop
postedFeb 26, '13 at 8:55p
activeFeb 26, '13 at 8:55p