Can Impala handle custom inputformats? I define a table in Hive with my
custom inputformat and it works fine for queries. If I run the
impala-shell and refresh, it lists the new table. Any query against the
table results in an error:
[impaladhost:21000] > describe testtable
Query: describe testtable
ERROR: com.cloudera.impala.common.AnalysisException: Failed to load table
metadata for: testtable

Search Discussions

  • Justin Erickson at Feb 20, 2013 at 10:32 pm
    Impala currently does not support custom file formats.

    Can Impala handle custom inputformats? I define a table in Hive with my
    custom inputformat and it works fine for queries. If I run the
    impala-shell and refresh, it lists the new table. Any query against the
    table results in an error:
    [impaladhost:21000] > describe testtable
    Query: describe testtable
    ERROR: com.cloudera.impala.common.AnalysisException: Failed to load table
    metadata for: testtable
  • Rick Wagner at Feb 21, 2013 at 6:57 pm
    Is there a plan for this in the near future?

    Impala currently does not support custom file formats.

    On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Rick Wagner <rcwag...@excite.com<javascript:>
[...]

  • Rick Wagner at Feb 21, 2013 at 6:59 pm
    Is there a plan for this in the near future?

    Impala currently does not support custom file formats.

    On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Rick Wagner <rcwag...@excite.com<javascript:>
    Can Impala handle custom inputformats? I define a table in Hive with my
    custom inputformat and it works fine for queries. If I run the
    impala-shell and refresh, it lists the new table. Any query against the
    table results in an error:
    [impaladhost:21000] > describe testtable
    Query: describe testtable
    ERROR: com.cloudera.impala.common.AnalysisException: Failed to load table
    metadata for: testtable
  • Marcel Kornacker at Feb 21, 2013 at 8:42 pm
    We currently don't have any plans to add pluggable formats. The
    performance of our format-specific scanners has a very large impact on
    overall query performance, and we don't think that a plug-in model
    similar to Hive's Serdes would give us the desired runtime efficiency.

    However, we do plan on adding support for all popular file formats.

    Marcel
    Is there a plan for this in the near future?

    Impala currently does not support custom file formats.

    Can Impala handle custom inputformats? I define a table in Hive with my
    custom inputformat and it works fine for queries. If I run the impala-shell
    and refresh, it lists the new table. Any query against the table results in
    an error:
    [impaladhost:21000] > describe testtable
    Query: describe testtable
    ERROR: com.cloudera.impala.common.AnalysisException: Failed to load table
    metadata for: testtable

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop
postedFeb 15, '13 at 5:00p