Hello Min,

we are aware of the demand for UDF support in Impala, and even though
we can't commit to a specific date at this point, it is at the top of
the post-GA roadmap.

Rest assured that we will try to support legacy applications that rely
on existing Hive UDFs as well as more demanding use cases that require
high performance.

Marcel