I followed the instructions on Matt Massie's blog for setting up an Impala
cluster on EC2
(http://zenfractal.com/2012/11/15/from-zero-to-impala-in-minutes/).

The scripts run fine, but the impala-shell doesn't show any tables, while
the Hive CLI does. Others are also having this problem, so I suspect
something changed with the new Impala release. It's easily reproducible by
simply launching a new cluster using the instructions.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue? Even if I create
tables in Hive and run the Impala 'refresh' command it doesn't work.

Thanks,

Dave

Search Discussions

  • Udai Kiran Potluri at Jan 31, 2013 at 7:37 pm
    Hello David,

    Has your question been answered based on Lenni's response on another thread
    (from earlier today) you replied to? Let us know if you have further
    questions once you have applied the changes.

    Thanks,
    Udai

    I followed the instructions on Matt Massie's blog for setting up an Impala
    cluster on EC2 (
    http://zenfractal.com/2012/11/15/from-zero-to-impala-in-minutes/).

    The scripts run fine, but the impala-shell doesn't show any tables, while
    the Hive CLI does. Others are also having this problem, so I suspect
    something changed with the new Impala release. It's easily reproducible by
    simply launching a new cluster using the instructions.

    Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue? Even if I create
    tables in Hive and run the Impala 'refresh' command it doesn't work.

    Thanks,

    Dave

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop