Hi experts.
I am a freshman of CDH and impala. I installed impala with cloudera manager
according to the user guide. The installation process is successful, but
when i try to test my installation by a simple example.
i encounterred the following problem.
my steps:
1. swith to user impala
2. create a table in hive shell, then the hdfs report the followign
permission error:

bash-4.1$ hive
Logging initialized using configuration in
file:/etc/hive/conf.dist/hive-log4j.properties
Hive history file=/tmp/impala/hive_job_log_impala_201301041627_750625613.txt
hive> Create table TAB1 (id int, col_1 boolean, col_2 double, col_3
timestamp) row format delimited fields terminated by ',';
FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException(message:Got exception:
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException Permission denied:
user=impala, access=WRITE, inode="/user":hdfs:supergroup:drwxr-xr-x
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:205)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:186)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkPermission(FSPermissionChecker.java:135)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkPermission(FSNamesystem.java:4547)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkAncestorAccess(FSNamesystem.java:4518)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.mkdirsInternal(FSNamesystem.java:2880)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.mkdirsInt(FSNamesystem.java:2844)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.mkdirs(FSNamesystem.java:2823)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.mkdirs(NameNodeRpcServer.java:639)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.mkdirs(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:417)

So how can i fix the problem?

Thanks a lot

--Leo

  • St xiao at Jan 4, 2013 at 11:32 am
    hey man,
    the question is so easy~
    as u can see, the permission of "/user" dir for user(impala) is r-x... so
    u can't create files in it.

    谢谢~

    --
  • Aaron T. Myers at Jan 4, 2013 at 6:57 pm
    This command was likely trying to create a directory in the user's home

    sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -mkdir /user/impala
    sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -chown impala:impala /user/impala

    --
    Aaron T. Myers
    Software Engineer, Cloudera

[...]

  • Yongqiang Liu at Jan 5, 2013 at 4:44 am
    Thanks guys.

    The solution works.

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop