I loaded a file and ran a simple count in Impala and hive. I made sure
Impala catalog was refreshed.
The count(*) query yields different results. Hive has the correct result.
Any ideas?

Thanks, Ram

  • Marcel Kornacker at Dec 31, 2012 at 7:26 pm
    Can you give some more detail? What format was the data in? Also, we'd
    need to see the info log.

    On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Ram Krishnamurthy
    I loaded a file and ran a simple count in Impala and hive. I made sure
    Impala catalog was refreshed.
    The count(*) query yields different results. Hive has the correct result.
    Any ideas?

    Thanks, Ram

  • Ram Krishnamurthy at Dec 31, 2012 at 7:28 pm
    it was a pipe delimited file.
    Where would I get the info log from?

    Ram

    Can you give some more detail? What format was the data in? Also, we'd
    need to see the info log.

    On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Ram Krishnamurthy
    I loaded a file and ran a simple count in Impala and hive. I made sure
    Impala catalog was refreshed.
    The count(*) query yields different results. Hive has the correct result.
    Any ideas?

    Thanks, Ram

    *Ram Krishnamurthy*
    rkrishnamurthy@greenway-solutions.com
    *Cell: 704-953-8125*

    --
  • Marcel Kornacker at Dec 31, 2012 at 7:43 pm

    Was it a single text file? Was it compressed?
    Where would I get the info log from?
    Typically it's /tmp/impalad.INFO
    Ram