I've compiled and run impala successfully a week ago.
When I start my virtual machine and run it again today, strange things
happen.
The Impalad started quite fine, but the impala-shell throws some exception
as follows:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/src/impala//shell/impala_shell.py", line 26, in <module>
from beeswaxd import BeeswaxService
File "/usr/local/src/impala/shell/gen-py/beeswaxd/BeeswaxService.py",
line 8, in <module>
from ttypes import *
File "/usr/local/src/impala/shell/gen-py/beeswaxd/ttypes.py", line 8, in
<module>
import hive_metastore.ttypes
ImportError: No module named hive_metastore.ttypes
Could you please give me some advice?

background: CentOS 6, newest CDH, mysql, source code of impala 0.3

Thanks.

  • Ishaan Joshi at Dec 27, 2012 at 5:08 pm
    Hi,

    It looks like your PYTHONPATH got unset. Could you send us the contents
    of:
    echo $PYTHONPATH
    to confirm ?

    Additionally, running /impala/bin/impala-config.sh should set the
    correct PYTHONPATH for the shell.

    Thanks,

    .. Ishaan

[...]

  • tsubasa Ma at Dec 28, 2012 at 5:44 pm
    Hi, Ishaan

    Thanks for your reply.

    As you said, the PYTHONPATH haven't been set.
    When I run "bin/impala-config.sh" and then "echo $PYTHONPATH", nothing
    showed.
    Then I run "source bin/impala-config.sh" and "echo $PYTHONPATH", it looks
    fine as follows:

    [root@localhost impala]# echo $PYTHONPATH
    /usr/local/src/impala/:/usr/local/src/impala//shell/gen-py:/usr/local/src/impala//thirdparty/hive-0.9.0-cdh4.1.0//lib/py:/usr/local/src/impala//thirdparty/python-thrift-0.7.0

    Now, the shell can start properly.
    Thanks again for your help, Ishaan.

    --Ma

    在 2012年12月28日星期五UTC+8上午1时08分06秒,Ishaan写道:

    On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 7:00 PM, tsubasa <majia...@vip.qq.com<javascript:>

[...]

    Thanks Ishaan,

    As you said, the PYTHONPATH had not been set.
    When I ran "bin/impala-config.sh", and then "echo $PYTHONPATH", it showed
    nothing,
    then I try "source bin/impala-config.sh", and then "echo $PYTHONPATH", it
    looks OK, and the shell can start properly.

    [root@localhost impala]# echo $PYTHONPATH
    /usr/local/src/impala/:/usr/local/src/impala//shell/gen-py:/usr/local/src/impala//thirdparty/hive-0.9.0-cdh4.1.0//lib/py:/usr/local/src/impala//thirdparty/python-thrift-0.7.0

    Anyway, the problem has been solved.

    Thanks for your help again,

[...]

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop
postedDec 27, '12 at 3:00a
activeDec 28, '12 at 5:44p
websitecloudera.com
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

tsubasa Ma: 3 posts Ishaan Joshi: 1 post