FAQ
HI,
I am trying to configure impala to work with odbc following this
instructions(https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/IMPALA10BETADOC/Configuring+Impala+to+Work+with+ODBC).

After all this configuration, i can use isql tool to connect to hive
server(localhost:10000) correctly.

My questions:
1. my goal is to connect to impalad not hive.
2. the host and port options in odbc.ini file seems dons't work, because
whatever value it is set, it connect to localhost:10000.
Thanks in advance.

--

Search Discussions

  • Jonathan Seidman at Dec 26, 2012 at 4:17 pm
    Based on this it sounds like you have a DSN set up for HiveServer, but do
    you also have an Impala DSN set up? Can you provide your odbc.ini?

    Thanks.

    Jonathan

    On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 2:13 AM, lamb gong wrote:

    HI,
    I am trying to configure impala to work with odbc following this
    instructions(
    https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/IMPALA10BETADOC/Configuring+Impala+to+Work+with+ODBC
    ).

    After all this configuration, i can use isql tool to connect to hive
    server(localhost:10000) correctly.

    My questions:
    1. my goal is to connect to impalad not hive.
    2. the host and port options in odbc.ini file seems dons't work,
    because whatever value it is set, it connect to localhost:10000.
    Thanks in advance.

    --

    --
  • Lamb gong at Dec 27, 2012 at 2:44 am
    my odbc.ini as follows:

    [ODBC Data Sources]
    IMPALA-SERVER=Hive ODBC Driver

    [IMPALA-SERVER]
    Driver=/usr/local/services/odbc/hive-odbc/lib/libhiveodbc.so.1
    Description=Hive ODBC Driver
    Host=10.198.2.29
    Port=21000
    Database=default
    FRAMED=0
    Trace=Yes
    TraceFile=/tmp/odbc.log
    Type=Beeswax

    I just have a dsn set up fo hiveserver, because i only hava a
    libhiveodbc.so file.
    Any suggestion about Impala DSN set up? Do i need something like
    libimpalaodbc.so?

    在 2012年12月27日星期四UTC+8上午12时17分17秒,Jonathan Seidman写道:
    Based on this it sounds like you have a DSN set up for HiveServer, but do
    you also have an Impala DSN set up? Can you provide your odbc.ini?

    Thanks.

    Jonathan


    On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 2:13 AM, lamb gong <gongga...@gmail.com<javascript:>
    wrote:
    HI,
    I am trying to configure impala to work with odbc following this
    instructions(
    https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/IMPALA10BETADOC/Configuring+Impala+to+Work+with+ODBC
    ).

    After all this configuration, i can use isql tool to connect to hive
    server(localhost:10000) correctly.

    My questions:
    1. my goal is to connect to impalad not hive.
    2. the host and port options in odbc.ini file seems dons't work,
    because whatever value it is set, it connect to localhost:10000.
    Thanks in advance.

    --

    --
  • Jonathan Seidman at Dec 27, 2012 at 4:20 pm
    Impala uses the same ODBC driver that's used for Hive, so you do have the
    correct library. I'm a little confused, since you say you just have a
    HiveServer DSN configured, but what you include here looks like a valid
    Impala DSN. What happens when you run "isql IMPALA-SERVER"?

    Thanks.

    Jonathan

    On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 8:44 PM, lamb gong wrote:

    my odbc.ini as follows:

    [ODBC Data Sources]
    IMPALA-SERVER=Hive ODBC Driver

    [IMPALA-SERVER]
    Driver=/usr/local/services/odbc/hive-odbc/lib/libhiveodbc.so.1
    Description=Hive ODBC Driver
    Host=10.198.2.29
    Port=21000
    Database=default
    FRAMED=0
    Trace=Yes
    TraceFile=/tmp/odbc.log
    Type=Beeswax

    I just have a dsn set up fo hiveserver, because i only hava a
    libhiveodbc.so file.
    Any suggestion about Impala DSN set up? Do i need something like
    libimpalaodbc.so?

    在 2012年12月27日星期四UTC+8上午12时17分17秒,Jonathan Seidman写道:
    Based on this it sounds like you have a DSN set up for HiveServer, but do
    you also have an Impala DSN set up? Can you provide your odbc.ini?

    Thanks.

    Jonathan

    On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 2:13 AM, lamb gong wrote:

    HI,
    I am trying to configure impala to work with odbc following this
    instructions(https://ccp.**cloudera.com/display/**
    IMPALA10BETADOC/Configuring+**Impala+to+Work+with+ODBC<https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/IMPALA10BETADOC/Configuring+Impala+to+Work+with+ODBC>
    ).

    After all this configuration, i can use isql tool to connect to hive
    server(localhost:10000) correctly.

    My questions:
    1. my goal is to connect to impalad not hive.
    2. the host and port options in odbc.ini file seems dons't work,
    because whatever value it is set, it connect to localhost:10000.
    Thanks in advance.

    --

    --
    --
  • Lamb gong at Dec 28, 2012 at 1:58 am
    That's my confuse too!
    When I run "isql IMPALA-SERVER", it will connect to localhost:10000(hive
    server).
    It seems that the option "Host" and "Port" don't work.
    By the way, my libhiveodbc.so.1 is downloaded by this instructions(
    https://ccp.**cloudera.com/display/**IMPALA10BETADOC/Configuring+**
    Impala+to+Work+with+ODBC<https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/IMPALA10BETADOC/Configuring+Impala+to+Work+with+ODBC>
    ).

    在 2012年12月28日星期五UTC+8上午12时20分09秒,Jonathan Seidman写道:
    Impala uses the same ODBC driver that's used for Hive, so you do have the
    correct library. I'm a little confused, since you say you just have a
    HiveServer DSN configured, but what you include here looks like a valid
    Impala DSN. What happens when you run "isql IMPALA-SERVER"?

    Thanks.

    Jonathan


    On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 8:44 PM, lamb gong <gongga...@gmail.com<javascript:>
    wrote:
    my odbc.ini as follows:

    [ODBC Data Sources]
    IMPALA-SERVER=Hive ODBC Driver

    [IMPALA-SERVER]
    Driver=/usr/local/services/odbc/hive-odbc/lib/libhiveodbc.so.1
    Description=Hive ODBC Driver
    Host=10.198.2.29
    Port=21000
    Database=default
    FRAMED=0
    Trace=Yes
    TraceFile=/tmp/odbc.log
    Type=Beeswax

    I just have a dsn set up fo hiveserver, because i only hava a
    libhiveodbc.so file.
    Any suggestion about Impala DSN set up? Do i need something like
    libimpalaodbc.so?

    在 2012年12月27日星期四UTC+8上午12时17分17秒,Jonathan Seidman写道:
    Based on this it sounds like you have a DSN set up for HiveServer, but
    do you also have an Impala DSN set up? Can you provide your odbc.ini?

    Thanks.

    Jonathan

    On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 2:13 AM, lamb gong wrote:

    HI,
    I am trying to configure impala to work with odbc following this
    instructions(https://ccp.**cloudera.com/display/**
    IMPALA10BETADOC/Configuring+**Impala+to+Work+with+ODBC<https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/IMPALA10BETADOC/Configuring+Impala+to+Work+with+ODBC>
    ).

    After all this configuration, i can use isql tool to connect to hive
    server(localhost:10000) correctly.

    My questions:
    1. my goal is to connect to impalad not hive.
    2. the host and port options in odbc.ini file seems dons't work,
    because whatever value it is set, it connect to localhost:10000.
    Thanks in advance.

    --

    --
    --
  • Ishaan Joshi at Dec 28, 2012 at 2:23 am
    Hi,

    Where is your odbc.ini located ? Is it in your home folder, or in /etc ?
    If it's in your home folder, could you move it to /etc, or rename it to
    .odbc.ini and let us know what happens.

    Additionally, do you have any other DSN's configured, if yes, could you
    let us know the locations of the .ini files and their contents ?

    Thanks !

    .. Ishaan

    On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 5:58 PM, lamb gong wrote:

    That's my confuse too!
    When I run "isql IMPALA-SERVER", it will connect to localhost:10000(hive
    server).
    It seems that the option "Host" and "Port" don't work.
    By the way, my libhiveodbc.so.1 is downloaded by this instructions(
    https://ccp.**cloud**era.com/display/**IMPALA10BETADO**C/Configuring+**
    Impala+to+Work+**with+ODBC<https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/IMPALA10BETADOC/Configuring+Impala+to+Work+with+ODBC>
    ).

    在 2012年12月28日星期五UTC+8上午12时20分09秒,Jonathan Seidman写道:
    Impala uses the same ODBC driver that's used for Hive, so you do have the
    correct library. I'm a little confused, since you say you just have a
    HiveServer DSN configured, but what you include here looks like a valid
    Impala DSN. What happens when you run "isql IMPALA-SERVER"?

    Thanks.

    Jonathan


    On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 8:44 PM, lamb gong wrote:

    my odbc.ini as follows:

    [ODBC Data Sources]
    IMPALA-SERVER=Hive ODBC Driver

    [IMPALA-SERVER]
    Driver=/usr/local/services/**odbc/hive-odbc/lib/**libhiveodbc.so.1
    Description=Hive ODBC Driver
    Host=10.198.2.29
    Port=21000
    Database=default
    FRAMED=0
    Trace=Yes
    TraceFile=/tmp/odbc.log
    Type=Beeswax

    I just have a dsn set up fo hiveserver, because i only hava a
    libhiveodbc.so file.
    Any suggestion about Impala DSN set up? Do i need something like
    libimpalaodbc.so?

    在 2012年12月27日星期四UTC+**8上午12时17分17秒,Jonathan Seidman写道:
    Based on this it sounds like you have a DSN set up for HiveServer, but
    do you also have an Impala DSN set up? Can you provide your odbc.ini?

    Thanks.

    Jonathan

    On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 2:13 AM, lamb gong wrote:

    HI,
    I am trying to configure impala to work with odbc following this
    instructions(https://ccp.**cloud**era.com/display/**IMPALA10BETADO**
    C/Configuring+**Impala+to+Work+**with+ODBC<https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/IMPALA10BETADOC/Configuring+Impala+to+Work+with+ODBC>
    ).

    After all this configuration, i can use isql tool to connect to
    hive server(localhost:10000) correctly.

    My questions:
    1. my goal is to connect to impalad not hive.
    2. the host and port options in odbc.ini file seems dons't work,
    because whatever value it is set, it connect to localhost:10000.
    Thanks in advance.

    --

    --
    --
    --

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop
postedDec 25, '12 at 8:13a
activeDec 28, '12 at 2:23a
posts6
users3
websitecloudera.com
irc#hadoop

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase