I saw some code about trevni in impala. and cloudera said trevni to be
support in GA.

did you finish most of the job to support trevni?

and the performance showed in you report was based on what kind of file
format? Maybe you had put in the report, and i just missed it.

  • Lenni Kuff at Dec 19, 2012 at 4:07 pm
    Hi,
    The support for Trevni/columnar format in Impala is currently experimental
    and is not recommended to be used in the current state (it's actually
    disabled by default). Our reported performance numbers are only for the
    supported (text/sequence file) formats.

    Support for a columnar format is on our GA roadmap
    <http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2012/12/whats-next-for-cloudera-impala/>
    and
    we expect to see large performance improvements for data stored in this
    format, once it's available. Like all of our features, it will be available
    for preview in an upcoming beta refresh release sometime next year.

    Let us know if you have any questions.

    Thanks,
    Lenni
    Software Engineer - Cloudera
    I saw some code about trevni in impala. and cloudera said trevni to be
    support in GA.

    did you finish most of the job to support trevni?

    and the performance showed in you report was based on what kind of file
    format? Maybe you had put in the report, and i just missed it.

groupimpala-user @
categorieshadoop
postedDec 19, '12 at 10:09a
activeDec 19, '12 at 4:07p