When I configure hive Metastore settings under Impala section in
Cloudera manager, the modified version of hive-site pointing to the mysql
metastore is not getting updated in the node. The hive-site.mxl still
points to the derby DB configuration. I had initiated Deploy Client
configurations and restarted the machines after configuring Impala from
cloudera manager. And hence I couldnt see the hive tables in impala shell.

Regards,
Vijay Raajaa G S

  • Mark Grover at Dec 18, 2012 at 3:16 pm
    Cross posting to scm-users

    On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 5:26 AM, G.S.Vijay raajaa

    When I configure hive Metastore settings under Impala section in
    Cloudera manager, the modified version of hive-site pointing to the mysql
    metastore is not getting updated in the node. The hive-site.mxl still points
    to the derby DB configuration. I had initiated Deploy Client configurations
    and restarted the machines after configuring Impala from cloudera manager.
    And hence I couldnt see the hive tables in impala shell.

    Regards,
    Vijay Raajaa G S

  • Adam Smieszny at Dec 18, 2012 at 3:33 pm
    Hi Vijay,

    Currently, Cloudera Manager does not manage Hive as a service. Hence,
    deploy client config does not touch hive-site.xml
    Therefore, if you want to change the Hive metastore, you will need to
    change hive-site.xml manually in line with the following:
    https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDH4DOC/Hive+Installation#HiveInstallation-ConfiguringtheHiveMetastore

    Hope this helps
    Thanks,
    Adam

    On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Mark Grover
    On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 5:26 AM, G.S.Vijay raajaa

    When I configure hive Metastore settings under Impala section in
    Cloudera manager, the modified version of hive-site pointing to the mysql
    metastore is not getting updated in the node. The hive-site.mxl still points
    to the derby DB configuration. I had initiated Deploy Client
    configurations
    and restarted the machines after configuring Impala from cloudera manager.
    And hence I couldnt see the hive tables in impala shell.

    Regards,
    Vijay Raajaa G S

    Adam Smieszny
    Cloudera | Systems Engineer | http://www.linkedin.com/in/adamsmieszny
    917.830.4156

    --
  • G.S.Vijay raajaa at Dec 18, 2012 at 3:41 pm
    Hi Adam,

    On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Mark Grover <grover.m...@gmail.com<javascript:>
    On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 5:26 AM, G.S.Vijay raajaa
    When I configure hive Metastore settings under Impala section in
    Cloudera manager, the modified version of hive-site pointing to the mysql
    metastore is not getting updated in the node. The hive-site.mxl still points
    to the derby DB configuration. I had initiated Deploy Client
    configurations
    and restarted the machines after configuring Impala from cloudera manager.
    And hence I couldnt see the hive tables in impala shell.

    Regards,
    Vijay Raajaa G S

    Adam Smieszny
    Cloudera | Systems Engineer | http://www.linkedin.com/in/adamsmieszny