I wanted to use beeswax to run impala queries. I had configured hue as
:

[beeswax]
beeswax_server_host=<Impala daemon hostname>
beeswax_server_port=<Impala daemon port>

under hue configuration in Cloudera manager.

I have the following clarifications:

1) I am able to query tables in impala. But I am not able to list the
tables from beeswax. It displays no data available in table.
2) Am I to refresh impala meta-store of individual nodes separately to have
the current state details?
Isn't the meta-store details shared among all the daemons in a cluster when
refreshed from any one of the daemons?

Thanks and Regards,
Vijay Raajaa G S

  • Sean Mackrory at Dec 18, 2012 at 5:45 pm
    Hi Vijay,

    Beeswax was written on the assumption the the query server and the meta
    server were the same thing - which is not the case in Impala. A subsequent
    version of Hue will make this much easier for you, but for now if you're
    using CDH 4.1.2 you can set the property "beeswax_meta_server_only=8004"
    (you can just specify any unused port instead of 8004) and most of the
    functionality in Hue should work with Impala.

    I'm afraid I don't know about #2 - perhaps someone more familiar with that
    can chime in.

    --
  • Lenni Kuff at Dec 18, 2012 at 6:02 pm
    Hi Vijay,

[...]