Hi ,
I installed hadoop using Cloudera manager and i am facing issue in loading
HUE Web UI. After entering login credentials ,page is not loading .
I check hue logs and its showing a error like "Thrift exception; retrying:
Could not connect to localhost:21050" in runcpserver.log.
I also check auth_user table in sqlite db and there is an entry for the
user trying to login . Please help
regards,
John

  • Abraham Elmahrek at Feb 5, 2014 at 6:21 pm
    It sounds like you're having trouble connecting to impala? Can you goto
    http://<hue host>:<hue port>/filebrowser?

    -abe

    I installed hadoop using Cloudera manager and i am facing issue in loading
    HUE Web UI. After entering login credentials ,page is not loading .
    I check hue logs and its showing a error like "Thrift exception; retrying:
    Could not connect to localhost:21050" in runcpserver.log.
    I also check auth_user table in sqlite db and there is an entry for the
    user trying to login . Please help
    regards,
    John

    email to hue-user+unsubscribe@cloudera.org.
  • Romain Rigaux at Feb 6, 2014 at 1:37 am
    This is https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/HUE-1367 (fixed in Hue 3/CDH5).

    Do you use the impala app?

    In Hue 2.5 you could un-install the app with:

    cd /user/lib/hue (or the Hue root)
    ./tools/app_reg/app_reg.py --remove impala

    Before doing this, check also if Hive seems to work correctly in Beeswax.

    Romain