I am using Cloudera Search for indexing my logs. I have enabled sorting in
Hue and sorting the results on the basis of time but it is making the
search app very slow. I have around 130GB of data in logs. Is it getting
slow because of sorting or I am missing something here ?

Thanks
Amar

  • Romain Rigaux at Sep 11, 2013 at 6:58 am
    You can look in hue_host:8888/logs for the timestamps between the calls to
    Solr (search for 'solr'). I bet that when the sorting is unset it goes back
    to normal. This is very probably because the field is not indexed when
    building the index but only indexed at query time. I would shared your
    field schema on search-user to see what they think?

    Romain

    I am using Cloudera Search for indexing my logs. I have enabled sorting in
    Hue and sorting the results on the basis of time but it is making the
    search app very slow. I have around 130GB of data in logs. Is it getting
    slow because of sorting or I am missing something here ?

    Thanks
    Amar

    email to hue-user+unsubscribe@cloudera.org.
  • Amar Prakash Yadav at Sep 11, 2013 at 7:02 am
    Hi Romain,

    Thanks for the reply. I am indexing that particular field (created_at)
    along with the other data.

    --
    Regards
    Amar