Hue is officially using the 'metastore' app for accessing the Hive
metastore, so not really sure of the problem:
http://gethue.tumblr.com/tagged/metastore

However, it indeed should be a similar problem as with Oozie, WebHdfs,
HttpFs... and yo probably need something like below in the webhcat-site.xml:

<property>
   <name>webhcat.proxyuser.hue.hosts</name>
   <value>*</value>
</property>
<property>
   <name>webhcat.proxyuser.hue.groups</name>
   <value>*</value>
</property>

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH4/latest/CDH4-Installation-Guide/cdh4ig_configuring_cdh_hue.html

Romain