Hi all
         we are using hue-2.3. And we want add the hbase browser app of
hue-2.5 of after to hue-.2.3.
         Does just run the flowing command ok ?

* cp /path/to/hue-2.5/apps/hbase ./apps*
* ./build/env/bin/python tools/app_reg/app_reg.py --install
apps/hbase*

   thanks!

  • Romain Rigaux at Aug 23, 2013 at 4:22 am
    This indeed could work but we probably have modified Hue 'desktop' and its
    libs and hbase-2.5 probably relies on this (so some files might conflict or
    have a different path).

    For information the HBase app in 2.5 is pretty old and we recommend to take
    the one from master<http://gethue.tumblr.com/post/59071544309/the-web-ui-for-hbase-hbase-browser>or
    CDH4.4 nightly (or the release in 2 weeks).

    What's prevent you from upgrading the whole Hue?

    Romain

    we are using hue-2.3. And we want add the hbase browser app of
    hue-2.5 of after to hue-.2.3.
    Does just run the flowing command ok ?

    * cp /path/to/hue-2.5/apps/hbase ./apps*
    * ./build/env/bin/python tools/app_reg/app_reg.py --install
    apps/hbase*

    thanks!

    email to hue-user+unsubscribe@cloudera.org.
  • Kangle Yu at Aug 23, 2013 at 4:33 am
    Because our secondary development on hue change a lot. So we want just add
    a additional hue app but not upgrade the whole Hue.
       Thank you Romain, I will attempt to upgarde the whole Hue, which
    maybe a little fussy.
    I have compiled hue-3.0, more beautiful than hue-2.3 ! :D

    在 2013年8月23日星期五UTC+8下午12时21分59秒,Romain Rigaux写道:

    On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 8:57 PM, Kangle Yu <kang...@hustunique.com<javascript:>
    we are using hue-2.3. And we want add the hbase browser app of
    hue-2.5 of after to hue-.2.3.
    Does just run the flowing command ok ?

    * cp /path/to/hue-2.5/apps/hbase ./apps*
    * ./build/env/bin/python tools/app_reg/app_reg.py --install
    apps/hbase*

    thanks!

    email to hue-user+u...@cloudera.org <javascript:>.
  • Romain Rigaux at Aug 23, 2013 at 4:36 am
    Let us know what is you development ;) And Hue 3.0 is for in about 2
    months, a lot is going to be improved still!

    Romain