Hey Hue Users!

We on team Hue are announcing a brand new web UI for HBase! It's called
Hue HBase Browser (you can check it out on github:
https://github.com/cloudera/hue).

Here's a link to the introductory blog post & video:
http://gethue.tumblr.com/post/59071544309/the-web-ui-for-hbase-hbase-browser

Hue HBase Browser is a web UI that lets you interact with your HBase data
easily and effectively in your favorite web browser! Some important
features include:

1. Searching, querying and scanning your data
2. Standard database operations (inserting, mutating, sorting)
3. Inline editing and cell history
4. Mime type detection (view binary data in your browser)
5. A smart searchbar that supports row keys, scans, filterstrings and
aliases many common filters like prefix filter (for both rows and columns),
column range filters, and etc.

We invite you to check it out and always appreciate feedback! If you need
help, please check out the hue user group (
https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/#!forum/hue-user) or
www.gethue.com!

Kevin

  • Angad Singh at Sep 5, 2013 at 10:29 am
    Does the Hbase browser app work with Hbase 0.90.x? I installed Hue 2.5 on
    top of the Cloudera quickstart VM 4.3 by manually downloading/instaling the
    rpms from the nightly repo. It all works well, however when I configure it
    to connect to my hbase 0.90.6 server, opening a table gives the error 'Api
    Error: Invalid method name: 'scannerOpenWithScan''.
[...]

    receipt.

  • Romain Rigaux at Sep 5, 2013 at 5:08 pm
    The method is indeed missing in 0.90:
    http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hbase/tags/0.90.6RC5/src/main/resources/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/thrift/Hbase.thrift?view=markup

    And we based the app on 0.94+:
    http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hbase/trunk/hbase-server/src/main/resources/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/thrift/Hbase.thrift?view=markup

    So indeed, the app requires a HBase version superior than 0.90 or would
    need to be patched.

    Romain

    cloudera/hue <https://github.com/cloudera/hue>).

    ui-for-hbase-hbase-browser<http://gethue.tumblr.com/post/59071544309/the-web-ui-for-hbase-hbase-browser>

    Hue HBase Browser is a web UI that lets you interact with your HBase data
    easily and effectively in your favorite web browser! Some important
    features include:

    1. Searching, querying and scanning your data
    2. Standard database operations (inserting, mutating, sorting)
    3. Inline editing and cell history
    4. Mime type detection (view binary data in your browser)
    5. A smart searchbar that supports row keys, scans, filterstrings and
    aliases many common filters like prefix filter (for both rows and columns),
    column range filters, and etc.

    We invite you to check it out and always appreciate feedback! If you
    need help, please check out the hue user group (
    https://groups.google.com/a/**cloudera.org/forum/#!forum/**hue-user<https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/#!forum/hue-user>)
    orwww.gethue.com!

    Kevin
    receipt.