Hey there,

You got it completely right. 'manage_entry.py' is the 'manage.py' for hue.

'Apps' in Hue are just django applications. You can create your own app
that has management commands without modifying the core of Hue. You can
follow the directions here:
http://cloudera.github.io/hue/docs-2.5.0/sdk/sdk.html#run-create_desktop_app-to-set-up-a-new-source-tree
.

-Abe