+hue-user

This conversation is similar to
https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/group/hue-user/browse_thread/thread/90858fca56459749?

To sum-up: you are probably trying to connect to Hive Server 1/2 with a
Beeswax RPC client (Hue is currently only compatible with Beeswax)

Romain
On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM, Eric Sammer wrote:

Zachi:

This is a Thrift (RPC) error generated by the Hive driver while trying to
talk to the Hive server. The error effectively means the execute method
isn't supported by the server although I think that's a red herring.
Generally, Thrift errors like this happen when you use the wrong version of
the client with the server or the wrong version of the Thrift jar. Are you
really, really, really (really) sure you're using the exact same jar file
(and all of its dependencies) as the server?

While I don't think it's the root cause of the problem, it's also worth
pointing out that CDH isn't supported on Windows.