Hi Wendy,

Has the Quick Start VM been updated to CDH4.5.0 yet?

Thanks,
Ben
On Monday, November 25, 2013 3:59:22 PM UTC-8, Wendy Turner wrote:

Dear CDH, Cloudera Manager, Cloudera Impala, and Cloudera Search users,

We are pleased to announce the general availability of CDH 4.5, Cloudera
Manager 4.8, Cloudera Impala 1.2.1, and Cloudera Search 1.1. Details on
each release are below.

Please note that if you use Impala and plan to upgrade to either Cloudera
Manager 4.8 or Impala 1.2.1, you should plan on upgrading to both versions
together as they have a mutual dependency.
CDH 4.5

This is an update to the CDH 4 platform and provides a considerable amount
of bug-fixes and stability enhancements. Along with these fixes, we have
also included some new features, most notable of which are:

-

Hive - ability for clients to securely and more easily authenticate
with their username and password
-

Hive - improved security for the metastore with metastore
authentication
-

Hue - secure fine-grained, Sentry authorization for end-users of Hue
with Impala
-

Parquet 1.x integrated into CDH 4.5 and ready for use across
MapReduce, Pig, Impala, Hive

For more details on new features, see “New Features in CDH4”:
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH4/latest/CDH4-Release-Notes/CDH4-Release-Notes.html<http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH4/latest/CDH4-Release-Notes/CDH4-Release-Notes.html>

Refer to the “CDH4 Quick Start Guide” or the “CDH4 Installation Guide” for
more information on how to install this update release.

CDH4 Quick Start Guide:
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH4/latest/CDH4-Quick-Start/CDH4-Quick-Start.html<http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH4/latest/CDH4-Quick-Start/CDH4-Quick-Start.html>

CDH4 Installation Guide:
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH4/latest/CDH4-Installation-Guide/CDH4-Installation-Guide.html<http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH4/latest/CDH4-Installation-Guide/CDH4-Installation-Guide.html>

As always, we are happy to hear your feedback. Please send your comments
and suggestions to cdh-...@cloudera.org <javascript:> or through our new community
forums <http://community.cloudera.com/>. You can also file bugs through
the Distro project on <http://community.cloudera.com/>issues.cloudera.org.
<http://community.cloudera.com/>

<http://community.cloudera.com/>
Cloudera Manager 4.8

Cloudera Manager 4.8 is an update to Cloudera Manager 4 and has a number
of bug-fixes and usability improvements. In addition to that, we have also
introduced some new features, such as:

-

SSO/SAML Support
-

Support for Impala 1.2.1 and Search 1.1
-

Support for Impala Catalog Server

Note that Cloudera Manager 4.8 only supports Impala 1.2.1 or later. If you
plan to upgrade Cloudera Manager to 4.8, you should also upgrade Impala to
1.2.1.

For more details, see the release notes: http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Cloudera
Manager4Ent/latest/Cloudera-Manager-Release-Notes/Cloudera-Manager-Release-Notes.html<http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CM4Ent/latest/Cloudera-Manager-Release-Notes/Cloudera-Manager-Release-Notes.html>

All of the Cloudera Manager documentation can be found here:

http://www.cloudera.com/content/support/en/documentation/manager/cloudera-manager-v4-latest.html

You can download this latest Cloudera Manager here<http://www.cloudera.com/content/support/en/downloads.html>or you can upgrade from an existing installation of Cloudera Manager.
Installation and upgrade documentation can be found here<http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CM4Ent/latest/Cloudera-Manager-Installation-Guide/Cloudera-Manager-Installation-Guide.html>
.

As always, we are happy to hear your feedback. Please send your comments
and suggestions to scm-...@cloudera.org <javascript:> or through our new community
forums <http://community.cloudera.com/>. <http://community.cloudera.com/>

Cloudera Impala 1.2.1

Cloudera Impala 1.2.1 provides significant enhancements including a number
of the most requested features:

-

UDFs and UDAFs for extensibility
-

Automatic metadata refresh for Impala created metadata and centralized
refresh for external data
-

Secure fine-grained, Sentry authorization for end-users of Hue with
Impala
-

Additional SQL support (Create table as select, table properties)

Note that Impala 1.2.1 does not work with Cloudera Manager 4.7 or earlier.
If your environment is managed by Cloudera Manager, you should upgrade to
Impala 1.2.1 and Cloudera Manager 4.8 together.

For more details on new features, please see “New Features in Impala”:
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Impala/latest/Cloudera-Impala-Release-Notes/cirn_new_features.html

“Installing and Using Cloudera Impala” guide:
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Impala/latest/Installing-and-Using-Impala/Installing-and-Using-Impala.html

As always, we are happy to hear your feedback. Please send your comments
and suggestions to impal...@cloudera.org <javascript:> or through our new community
forums <http://community.cloudera.com/t5/Search/bd-p/Search>. You can
also file bugs on in the Impala project at issues.cloudera.org

Cloudera Search 1.1.0

Cloudera Search 1.1.0 is the first release following the GA release in
September 2013. This release adds major security enhancements, bugs fixes,
and features such as:

-

Index level authorization via Apache (incubating) Sentry
-

HBase batch indexer tool
-

Support for authenticated access to the Lily HBase Indexer

Search 1.1.0 requires CDH4.5.

For more details on new features, please see “New Features in Cloudera
Search Version 1.1.0”:
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Search/latest/Cloudera-Search-Release-Notes/Cloudera-Search-Release-Notes.html

For access to the Cloudera Search Documentation:
http://www.cloudera.com/content/support/en/documentation/cloudera-search/cloudera-search-documentation-v1-latest.html

As always, we are happy to hear your feedback. Please send your comments
and suggestions to searc...@cloudera.org <javascript:> or through our new community
forums <http://community.cloudera.com/t5/Search/bd-p/Search>. You can
also file a bug using the Search component in the Distro project on
issues.cloudera.org

<http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/resources/library/recordedwebinar/big-data-search-bigger-insights.html>

--

---