Can I create metadata(cube) using impala or hive data source in Pentaho
Schema Workbench. When I tried to get tables list from hive or impala, it
is not loading in Pentaho Schema Workbench. Any idea?

--

---

  • Pari Margu at Nov 27, 2013 at 5:33 pm
    Can I create metadata(cube) using impala or hive data source in Pentaho
    Schema Workbench. When I tried to get tables list from hive or impala, it
    is not loading in Pentaho Schema Workbench. Any idea?
    Can I create metadata(cube) using impala or hive data source in Pentaho
    Schema Workbench. When I tried to get tables list from hive or impala, it
    is not loading in Pentaho Schema Workbench. Any idea?
    --

    ---
  • Matt Tucker at Nov 27, 2013 at 5:56 pm
    I'm not sure if Schema Workbench fully supports that at the moment. Have
    you tried entering the table names manually?

    You may need to stay in the default database as well, as I'm running into
    issues with JDBC HS1 and HS2 drivers using custom catalogs.
    Can I create metadata(cube) using impala or hive data source in Pentaho
    Schema Workbench. When I tried to get tables list from hive or impala, it
    is not loading in Pentaho Schema Workbench. Any idea?
    Can I create metadata(cube) using impala or hive data source in Pentaho
    Schema Workbench. When I tried to get tables list from hive or impala, it
    is not loading in Pentaho Schema Workbench. Any idea?
    --

    ---

    ---
  • Pari Margu at Nov 27, 2013 at 6:03 pm
    Thank you for your input @Matt ... I will try to enter manually and check
    it...

    what custom catalogs??

    On Nov 27, 2013 12:33 PM, "Pari Margu" <pari.ma...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
    Can I create metadata(cube) using impala or hive data source in Pentaho
    Schema Workbench. When I tried to get tables list from hive or impala, it
    is not loading in Pentaho Schema Workbench. Any idea?
    Can I create metadata(cube) using impala or hive data source in Pentaho
    Schema Workbench. When I tried to get tables list from hive or impala, it
    is not loading in Pentaho Schema Workbench. Any idea?
    --

    ---

    ---
  • Matt Tucker at Nov 27, 2013 at 7:06 pm
    Sorry, databases. If you're using the 'default' database, you may run into
    fewer issues.

    I'm not sure if Schema Workbench fully supports that at the moment. Have
    you tried entering the table names manually?

    You may need to stay in the default database as well, as I'm running into
    issues with JDBC HS1 and HS2 drivers using custom catalogs.
    Can I create metadata(cube) using impala or hive data source in
    Pentaho Schema Workbench. When I tried to get tables list from hive or
    impala, it is not loading in Pentaho Schema Workbench. Any idea?
    Can I create metadata(cube) using impala or hive data source in Pentaho
    Schema Workbench. When I tried to get tables list from hive or impala, it
    is not loading in Pentaho Schema Workbench. Any idea?
    --

    ---
    cloudera.org/groups/opt_out.
    --
    ---

    ---
  • Pari Margu at Nov 27, 2013 at 7:13 pm
    Thanks @Matt ... I will check with "default" database and let you know ...
    thanks ...

    On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Pari Margu <pari.ma...@gmail.com<javascript:>
    I'm not sure if Schema Workbench fully supports that at the moment.
    Have you tried entering the table names manually?

    You may need to stay in the default database as well, as I'm running
    into issues with JDBC HS1 and HS2 drivers using custom catalogs.
    Can I create metadata(cube) using impala or hive data source in
    Pentaho Schema Workbench. When I tried to get tables list from hive or
    impala, it is not loading in Pentaho Schema Workbench. Any idea?
    Can I create metadata(cube) using impala or hive data source in
    Pentaho Schema Workbench. When I tried to get tables list from hive or
    impala, it is not loading in Pentaho Schema Workbench. Any idea?
    --

    ---
    cloudera.org/groups/opt_out.
    --
    ---

    ---
  • Pari Margu at Nov 28, 2013 at 6:25 pm
    Hi @Matt, I tried hive2 jdbc driver with schema work bench and enter tables
    manually and created cube and published in pentaho bi server
      but was not able to use it for reports.

    Can you tell me whether i can publish the analysis report from Pentaho
    Instaview??

[...]

  • Matt Tucker at Nov 29, 2013 at 6:57 pm
    Hi Pari,

    I would recommend following up in the Pentaho
    Forums<http://forums.pentaho.com/>,
    or if you're an enterprise customer, on Pentaho's support
    portal<https://support.pentaho.com/home>
    .

    Matt

[...]

  • Pari Margu at Nov 29, 2013 at 7:58 pm