Hello,

I am trying to set up one node hadoop cluster using cloudera manager. i am
not able to get past the jdk installion step. This is the error I am
getting.

Installing jdk package... *BEGIN yum list installed jdk *
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Installed Packages
jdk.x86_64 2000:1.6.0_31-fcs @cloudera-manager
*END (0) *
*BEGIN echo jdk cloudera-manager-agent cloudera-manager-daemons | grep jdk *
jdk cloudera-manager-agent cloudera-manager-daemons
*END (0) *
*BEGIN yum info jdk *
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Determining fastest mirrors
* base: centos.mirror.serversaustralia.com.au
* epel: mirror.as24220.net
* extras: centos.mirror.serversaustralia.com.au
* updates: centos.mirror.serversaustralia.com.au
http://beta.cloudera.com/search/redhat/6/x86_64/search/0/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404"
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
cdh-solr. Please verify its path and try again
*END (1) *
remote package jdk is not available, giving up
waiting for rollback request

I tried many things to make it work. I installed the jdk package manually.
I tried editing cdh-solr file from /etc/yum.repos.d. Nothing is working.

Can anyone help me fix this issue?

Thanks,
Ashwin

--

---

  • Santhosh Srinivasan at Sep 16, 2013 at 1:13 am
    Hi Ashwin,

    If you look at the error message, the repository for cdh-solr is no longer
    available since the product is generally available (GA) now.

    Can you upgrade to CM 4.7 - it should resolve the issue that you are seeing.

    Thanks,
    Santhosh

    I am trying to set up one node hadoop cluster using cloudera manager. i am
    not able to get past the jdk installion step. This is the error I am
    getting.

    Installing jdk package... *BEGIN yum list installed jdk *
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
    Installed Packages
    jdk.x86_64 2000:1.6.0_31-fcs @cloudera-manager
    *END (0) *
    *BEGIN echo jdk cloudera-manager-agent cloudera-manager-daemons | grep
    jdk *
    jdk cloudera-manager-agent cloudera-manager-daemons
    *END (0) *
    *BEGIN yum info jdk *
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
    Determining fastest mirrors
    * base: centos.mirror.**serversaustralia.com.au<http://centos.mirror.serversaustralia.com.au>
    * epel: mirror.as24220.net
    * extras: centos.mirror.**serversaustralia.com.au<http://centos.mirror.serversaustralia.com.au>
    * updates: centos.mirror.**serversaustralia.com.au<http://centos.mirror.serversaustralia.com.au>
    0/repodata/repomd.xml<http://beta.cloudera.com/search/redhat/6/x86_64/search/0/repodata/repomd.xml>:
    [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404"
    Trying other mirror.
    Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
    cdh-solr. Please verify its path and try again
    *END (1) *
    remote package jdk is not available, giving up
    waiting for rollback request

    I tried many things to make it work. I installed the jdk package manually.
    I tried editing cdh-solr file from /etc/yum.repos.d. Nothing is working.

    Can anyone help me fix this issue?

    Thanks,
    Ashwin

    --

    ---

    ---
  • Ashwin Bhattathiripad at Sep 16, 2013 at 11:37 pm
    Ok. I think now I understood the issue. In cloudera website, the latest
    cloudera manager is 4.7.1. But the VM provided by Cloudera runs 4.6.

    Is it possible to upgrade the manager through cloudera VM? Or do I have to
    make my own vm and install cloudera manager altogether?

    I found a cloudera doc for upgrading the manager.
    http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CM4Ent/latest/Cloudera-Manager-Administration-Guide/cmag_upgrade_cm4_to_4.html
    But nothing is mentioned regarding the VM.

    Thanks.

    On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Ashwin Bhattathiripad <bash...@gmail.com<javascript:>
[...]

  • Santhosh Srinivasan at Sep 19, 2013 at 12:41 am
    Hi Ashwin,

    Can you retry with your existing VM - it should work now. We reactivated
    the beta links.

    Thanks,
    Santhosh

    On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Ashwin Bhattathiripad

    .
    --
    ---

    ---
  • Ashwin Bhattathiripad at Sep 19, 2013 at 12:51 am
    Thanks a lot Santosh for the help. But I have already fixed that issue. I
    upgraded my manager to 4.7.1 throught the VM. I am sorry I missed out to
    mention that in the group.

    Really appreciate your help.

    On Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:41:57 AM UTC+10, Santhosh Srinivasan

    On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Ashwin Bhattathiripad <bash...@gmail.com<javascript:>
[...]

  • Ashwin Bhattathiripad at Sep 19, 2013 at 7:12 am
    Hello Santosh,

    I know I said that issue has been resolved. But now I am again stuck with
    the same issue but different error. Following is the error I am getting.

    Refreshing package metadata...
      *BEGIN yum clean all *
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
    Cleaning repos: base cdh-solr cloudera-cdh4 cloudera-gplextras
    cloudera-impala
    : cloudera-manager cloudera-search epel extras updates
    : vmware-tools
    Cleaning up Everything
    *END (0) *
    *BEGIN rm -Rf /var/cache/yum/x86_64 *
    *END (0) *
    *BEGIN yum makecache *
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
    Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
    base. Please verify its path and try again
    Could not retrieve mirrorlist
    http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os error was
    12: Timeout on http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os:
    (28, 'connect() timed out!')
    *END (1) *
      Installing jdk package...
    *BEGIN yum list installed jdk *
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
    Installed Packages
    jdk.x86_64 2000:1.6.0_31-fcs @cloudera-manager
    *END (0) *
    *BEGIN echo jdk cloudera-manager-agent cloudera-manager-daemons | grep jdk *
    *END (0) *
    jdk cloudera-manager-agent cloudera-manager-daemons
    *BEGIN yum info jdk *
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
    Determining fastest mirrors
    Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base
    Could not retrieve mirrorlist
    http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os error was
    12: Timeout on http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os:
    (28, 'connect() timed out!')
    *END (1) *
    remote package jdk is not available, giving up
    waiting for rollback request

    The link thats not being retrieved is working fine when I use a browser.
    Any idea what may be the reason?

    Thanks,
    Ashwin

    --