Hi Guys,

Can any one specify me what jdbc and port address do i need to use for
connect Impala via Pentaho?

Cheers,
Ravi Sharma

--

---

  • Hari Sekhon at Jun 24, 2013 at 2:56 pm
    Hi Ravi,

    Impalad listens on port 21050 for JDBC:

    http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Impala/latest/Installing-and-Using-Impala/ciiu_impala_jdbc.html?scroll=impala_jdbc

    Regards,

    Hari Sekhon
    Cloudera
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/harisekhon

    On 24 June 2013 13:21, Ravi Sharma wrote:

    Hi Guys,

    Can any one specify me what jdbc and port address do i need to use for
    connect Impala via Pentaho?

    Cheers,
    Ravi Sharma

    --

    ---

    ---
  • Ravi Sharma at Jun 25, 2013 at 5:05 am
    Hi Hari,

    I am using Pentaho 4.4.1 Enterprise Edition. But I am not able to see here
    impala option for creating the Instaview. Can you shed some light on this.

    [image: Inline image 1]

    I truly appreciate your time and effort.

    Cheers,
    Ravi Sharma

    Can any one specify me what jdbc and port address do i need to use for
    connect Impala via Pentaho?

    Cheers,
    Ravi Sharma

    --

    ---

    ---

    ---
  • Matt Burgess at Jun 26, 2013 at 1:43 pm
    Ravi,

    The Impala template for Instaview was not yet available in the 4.4.1
    release, but will be available in 4.4.2. Also we're working to make it
    available via pentaho.box.com and/or the Support Portal
    (support.pentaho.com) by the end of this week. As an EE customer you could
    contact Pentaho Support, they should have up-to-date information and may be
    able to expedite the process for you :)

    Regards,
    Matt

    On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM, Hari Sekhon <ha...@cloudera.com<javascript:>
    Can any one specify me what jdbc and port address do i need to use for
    connect Impala via Pentaho?

    Cheers,
    Ravi Sharma

    --

    ---

    ---

    ---
  • Pari Margu at Nov 25, 2013 at 5:16 pm
    i have installed instaview 5.0, try to connect impala and run the select
    query and try to visualize the data, it says impala query Order By should
    use LIMIT and it says method not supported. i am not able to visualize the
    data from impala data. please give me some inputs
    available via pentaho.box.com<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fpentaho.box.com&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEGRr4WK2tix8hxuvUmBIRuUMy3xA>and/or the Support Portal (
    support.pentaho.com<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsupport.pentaho.com&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEclj0x9Mj37j7FWU-U-NPePFFezw>)
    by the end of this week. As an EE customer you could contact Pentaho
    Support, they should have up-to-date information and may be able to
    expedite the process for you :)

    Regards,
    Matt
    I am using Pentaho 4.4.1 Enterprise Edition. But I am not able to see
    here impala option for creating the Instaview. Can you shed some light on
    this.

    [image: Inline image 1]

    I truly appreciate your time and effort.

    Cheers,
    Ravi Sharma

    http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Impala/latest/Installing-and-Using-Impala/ciiu_impala_jdbc.html?scroll=impala_jdbc<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cloudera.com%2Fcontent%2Fcloudera-content%2Fcloudera-docs%2FImpala%2Flatest%2FInstalling-and-Using-Impala%2Fciiu_impala_jdbc.html%3Fscroll%3Dimpala_jdbc&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNH7mTOAQYfp4spwtaB-lwg0W1UrJA>

    Regards,

    Hari Sekhon
    Cloudera
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/harisekhon<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fin%2Fharisekhon&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEyUwJY-drQ9YQaFOHdBKccOmSwpg>

    Can any one specify me what jdbc and port address do i need to use for
    connect Impala via Pentaho?

    Cheers,
    Ravi Sharma

    --

    ---

    ---

    ---
  • Matt Tucker at Nov 25, 2013 at 7:27 pm
    Try adding "default_order_by_limit=50000" in Cloudera Manager's Impala
    configuration so that it would have a default LIMIT value.

[...]

    cloudera.org/groups/opt_out.

    --

    ---
    cloudera.org/groups/opt_out.

    --
    ---

    ---
  • Pari Margu at Nov 26, 2013 at 6:15 pm
    Thanks @Matt. I will check the same and will let you know.

    Can I create metadata(cube) using impala or hive data source in Pentaho
    Schema Workbench. When I tried to get tables list from hive or impala, it
    is not loading in Pentaho Schema Workbench. Any idea?

    On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Pari Margu <pari.ma...@gmail.com<javascript:>
[...]

  • Pari Margu at Dec 17, 2013 at 8:31 am
    I have created one analyzer report using Impala connection, I am using two
    tables with 3000, 1000 records respectively.

    while launching analyzer report, i am getting following error:

    Oops. There is too much number crunching required to run your report. If
    you are using an "Excludes" or "Doesn't Contain" filter, try removing or
    flipping them to "Include" or "Contains" filter. You can also try turning
    off subtotals and grand totals.

    I have checked the Impala daemon logs, i didn't find any issue.
    When I checked the Pentaho BI server logs, I found the following error:

    Not sure why this is happening.

    java.sql.SQLException: org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException:
    ExecuteStatement failed: out of sequence response

    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException:
    org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.SocketException:
    Broken pipe
    at com.pentaho.analyzer.report.ReportRequestService.get(SourceFile:213)
    at com.pentaho.analyzer.content.controller.j.a(SourceFile:170)
    at com.pentaho.analyzer.content.controller.b.b(SourceFile:189)
    at
    com.pentaho.analyzer.content.AnalyzerContentGenerator.createContent(SourceFile:123)
    at
    org.pentaho.platform.web.http.api.resources.GeneratorStreamingOutput.generateContent(GeneratorStreamingOutput.java:229)
    at
    org.pentaho.platform.web.http.api.resources.GeneratorStreamingOutput.write(GeneratorStreamingOutput.java:156)
    at
    org.pentaho.platform.web.http.api.resources.GeneratorStreamingOutputProvider.writeTo(GeneratorStreamingOutputProvider.java:58)
    at
    org.pentaho.platform.web.http.api.resources.GeneratorStreamingOutputProvider.writeTo(GeneratorStreamingOutputProvider.java:37)
    at
    com.sun.jersey.spi.container.ContainerResponse.write(ContainerResponse.java:306)
    at
    com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl._handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:1479)
    at
    com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl.handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:1391)
    at
    com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl.handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:1381)
    at
    com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.service(WebComponent.java:416)
    at
    com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:538)
    at
    com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:716)
    at
    org.pentaho.platform.web.servlet.JAXRSServlet.service(JAXRSServlet.java:111)
    at
    org.pentaho.platform.web.servlet.JAXRSServlet.service(JAXRSServlet.java:116)
    at
    at
    at
    org.pentaho.platform.web.http.filters.PentahoWebContextFilter.doFilter(PentahoWebContextFilter.java:161)
    at
    org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at
    at
    org.pentaho.platform.web.http.filters.PentahoRequestContextFilter.doFilter(PentahoRequestContextFilter.java:83)
    at
    org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at
    at
    org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:378)
    at
    org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:109)
    at
    org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:83)
    at
    org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
    at
    org.springframework.security.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilterHttp(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:101)
    at
    org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
    at
    org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
    at
    org.springframework.security.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:105)
    at
    org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
    at
    org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
    at
    org.springframework.security.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(BasicProcessingFilter.java:174)
    at
    org.pentaho.platform.web.http.security.PentahoBasicProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(PentahoBasicProcessingFilter.java:88)
    at
    org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
    at
    org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
    at
    org.springframework.security.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilterHttp(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:235)
    at
    org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
    at
    org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
    at
    org.pentaho.platform.web.http.filters.HttpSessionPentahoSessionIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionPentahoSessionIntegrationFilter.java:265)
    at
    org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
    at
    org.springframework.security.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilterHttp(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:91)
    at
    org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
    at
    org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
    at
    org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:175)
    at
    org.springframework.security.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:99)
    at
    org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at
    at com.pentaho.ui.servlet.SystemStatusFilter.doFilter(SourceFile:72)
    at
    org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at
    at
    org.pentaho.platform.web.http.filters.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:112)
    at
    org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at
    at
    org.pentaho.platform.web.http.filters.WebappRootForwardingFilter.doFilter(WebappRootForwardingFilter.java:66)
    at
    org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at
    at
    at
    at
    org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:470)
    at
    org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
    at
    org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
    at
    at
    org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
    at
    org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:861)
    at
    org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:606)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException:
    org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.SocketException:
    Broken pipe
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)
    at com.pentaho.analyzer.report.ReportRequestService.get(SourceFile:171)
    ... 71 more
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException:
    org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.SocketException:
    Broken pipe
    at
    com.pentaho.analyzer.service.impl.AnalysisAreaManager.executeQuery(SourceFile:288)
    at
    com.pentaho.analyzer.report.ReportManagerImpl.parseAndExecuteMDX(SourceFile:296)
    at com.pentaho.analyzer.report.ReportManagerImpl.runReport(SourceFile:120)
    at com.pentaho.analyzer.report.ReportManagerImpl.runReport(SourceFile:92)
    at com.pentaho.analyzer.report.ReportRequestService$2.a(SourceFile:274)
    at com.pentaho.analyzer.report.ReportRequestService$2.call(SourceFile:267)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
    ... 1 more
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException:
    org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.SocketException:
    Broken pipe
    at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.execute(HiveStatement.java:187)
    at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.executeQuery(HiveStatement.java:246)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor342.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at
    org.pentaho.hadoop.shim.common.DriverProxyInvocationChain$CaptureResultSetInvocationHandler.invoke(DriverProxyInvocationChain.java:449)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy138.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
    at
    org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingStatement.java:208)
    at
    org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingStatement.java:208)
    at mondrian.rolap.SqlStatement.execute(SqlStatement.java:201)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapUtil.executeQuery(RolapUtil.java:335)
    at mondrian.rolap.SqlTupleReader.prepareTuples(SqlTupleReader.java:395)
    at mondrian.rolap.SqlTupleReader.readTuples(SqlTupleReader.java:560)
    at
    mondrian.rolap.RolapNativeSet$SetEvaluator.executeList(RolapNativeSet.java:250)
    at
    mondrian.rolap.RolapNativeSet$SetEvaluator.execute(RolapNativeSet.java:190)
    at
    mondrian.olap.fun.NonEmptyCrossJoinFunDef$1.evaluateList(NonEmptyCrossJoinFunDef.java:80)
    at mondrian.calc.impl.AbstractListCalc.evaluate(AbstractListCalc.java:65)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapResult.evaluateExp(RolapResult.java:989)
    at
    mondrian.rolap.RolapNamedSetEvaluator.ensureList(RolapNamedSetEvaluator.java:98)
    at
    mondrian.rolap.RolapNamedSetEvaluator.evaluateTupleIterable(RolapNamedSetEvaluator.java:66)
    at mondrian.mdx.NamedSetExpr$1.evaluateIterable(NamedSetExpr.java:98)
    at
    mondrian.olap.fun.GenerateFunDef$GenerateListCalcImpl.evaluateList(GenerateFunDef.java:109)
    at mondrian.calc.impl.AbstractListCalc.evaluate(AbstractListCalc.java:65)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapResult.evaluateExp(RolapResult.java:989)
    at
    mondrian.rolap.RolapNamedSetEvaluator.ensureList(RolapNamedSetEvaluator.java:98)
    at
    mondrian.rolap.RolapNamedSetEvaluator.evaluateTupleIterable(RolapNamedSetEvaluator.java:66)
    at mondrian.mdx.NamedSetExpr$1.evaluateIterable(NamedSetExpr.java:98)
    at mondrian.olap.fun.OrderFunDef$CalcImpl.evaluateList(OrderFunDef.java:201)
    at mondrian.calc.impl.AbstractListCalc.evaluate(AbstractListCalc.java:65)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapResult.evaluateExp(RolapResult.java:989)
    at
    mondrian.rolap.RolapNamedSetEvaluator.ensureList(RolapNamedSetEvaluator.java:98)
    at
    mondrian.rolap.RolapNamedSetEvaluator.evaluateTupleIterable(RolapNamedSetEvaluator.java:66)
    at mondrian.mdx.NamedSetExpr$1.evaluateIterable(NamedSetExpr.java:98)
    at
    mondrian.calc.impl.IterableListCalc.evaluateList(IterableListCalc.java:37)
    at
    mondrian.rolap.sql.CrossJoinArgFactory.expandNonNative(CrossJoinArgFactory.java:910)
    at
    mondrian.rolap.sql.CrossJoinArgFactory.checkCrossJoin(CrossJoinArgFactory.java:341)
    at
    mondrian.rolap.RolapNativeCrossJoin.createEvaluator(RolapNativeCrossJoin.java:105)
    at
    mondrian.rolap.RolapNativeRegistry.createEvaluator(RolapNativeRegistry.java:56)
    at
    mondrian.rolap.RolapSchemaReader.getNativeSetEvaluator(RolapSchemaReader.java:681)
    at
    mondrian.olap.DelegatingSchemaReader.getNativeSetEvaluator(DelegatingSchemaReader.java:269)
    at
    mondrian.olap.fun.CrossJoinFunDef$CrossJoinIterCalc.evaluateIterable(CrossJoinFunDef.java:173)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapResult.executeAxis(RolapResult.java:875)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapResult.evalLoad(RolapResult.java:700)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapResult.loadMembers(RolapResult.java:656)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapResult.(RolapConnection.java:671)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection.access$000(RolapConnection.java:51)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection$1.call(RolapConnection.java:622)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection$1.call(RolapConnection.java:621)
    ... 5 more