I'm trying to setup oozie (cdh4) using RPM on RHEL5. When I run the command
to setup schemas in mysql database using sudo -u oozie
/usr/lib/oozie/bin/ooziedb.sh create -run it gives me an error stating "No
such file or directory". You can view the logs for the same *here*<http://pastebin.com/2PMXa9Vv>
.

While if I try to run the command to just create scripts using sudo -u
oozie /usr/lib/oozie/bin/ooziedb.sh create -sqlfile oozie-create.sql it
gives me an error stating " unable to connect to database". You can view
the logs for the same *here* <http://pastebin.com/nhqffu6C>.

I am following *cdh4 installation site for oozie*<http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH4/4.2.0/CDH4-Installation-Guide/cdh4ig_topic_17_6.html>.

Please help me figure out the possible errors. Thanks in advance.

  • Alejandro Abdelnur at May 22, 2013 at 4:51 pm
    Harman,

    Apologies for the delay following on this? Is this still an issue for you?

    From looking at the conf/logs you sent it seems something funny happened
    during the installation, the /var/lib/oozie dir should be owned by the
    oozie user, is not? By any chance, have you run the ooziedb.sh script as
    root first ? If so, that could explain the permissions problem.

    Thanks.

[...]

groupcdh-user @
categorieshadoop
postedMay 10, '13 at 3:30p