I am trying to install the datanode and it gives the error "metadata file
does not match checksum" I am behind a proxy

I have tried everything- yum clear all, yum clear metadata. I also edited
the yum conf and disabled caching. In addition, i also manually deleted the
cache directory. Nothing works. Nothing. Please help. On another machine, i
was able to get the name node successfully installed

**[root@bi ~]# export http_proxy= myproxy**

**[root@bi ~]# sudo yum install hadoop-0.20-mapreduce-tasktracker hadoop-hdfs-datanode**

*
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh4/redhat/5/x86_64/cdh/4/repodata/primary.xml.gz
*<http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh4/redhat/5/x86_64/cdh/4/repodata/primary.xml.gz>:
[Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum Trying other mirror. *
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh4/redhat/5/x86_64/cdh/4/repodata/primary.xml.gz
*<http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh4/redhat/5/x86_64/cdh/4/repodata/primary.xml.gz>:
[Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/primary.xml.gz from cloudera-cdh4: [Errno 256] No
more mirrors to try

groupcdh-user @
categorieshadoop
postedApr 3, '13 at 4:18a