Hi All,

I am trying to create Seq files with gzip codec in CDH4 using the API call
in my map-red code :

SequenceFileOutputFormat.setOutputCompressorClass(job, GzipCodec.class);

But when I eun this job, I don't get files created with GzipCodec.

io.compression.codecs include GzipCodec.

Did somebody face this issue and any hints ?

Thanks,
Anurag Tangri

  • Robert Justice at Mar 5, 2013 at 1:55 am
    Anurag,

    Please let me know the output of:

    strings /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/native/libhadoop.so |grep zlib
    rpm -qa |grep zlib

    Thanks,
    Robert Justice