Hi All,

I'm setting up kerberos integration and have followed the instructions from
here <http://goo.gl/iJe0k> but am getting a failure on starting all
tasktrackers.

Can not start task tracker because java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/usr/lib/hadoop-0.20-mapreduce/sbin/Linux-amd64-64/task-controller": java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission denied

Any ideas on how I debug this?

I'm using CDH 4.1.2 and have a local kerberos server just for testing this. I've checked all the troubleshooting sections and everything looks ok ie all principals exist and I can generate credentials etc.

Regards

Stuart

  • Stuart Horsman at Dec 10, 2012 at 4:04 am
    Found the problem, mapred wasn't in the mapred group, added and now the
    tasktrackers processes started.