When starting mapreduce after adding it post install. I get the following
error. I have tried changing the port but does not work

2012-11-25 05:05:54,801 FATAL org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker:
java.net.BindException: Problem binding to [cloudera-dev.localdomain:8022]
java.net.BindException: Address already in use; For more details see:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/BindException
at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.wrapException(NetUtils.java:716)

  • Harsh J at Nov 28, 2012 at 8:31 pm
    Hi Ben,

    I've previously seen this to be a red-herring that appears if the
    /var/log/hadoop-mapreduce (or other logging directories the JT is
    trying to write to) is not writable by the mapred user. If you look
    above this message in the JT log, you may just be able to spot it and
    resolve it.

    --
  • Benc at Nov 28, 2012 at 8:46 pm
    Thank hit it bang on. error trying to

    Once create all good.
    I've previously seen this to be a red-herring that appears if the
    /var/log/hadoop-mapreduce (or other logging directories the JT is
    trying to write to) is not writable by the mapred user. If you look
    above this message in the JT log, you may just be able to spot it and
    resolve it.
    When starting mapreduce after adding it post install. I get the following
    error. I have tried changing the port but does not work

    2012-11-25 05:05:54,801 FATAL org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker:
    java.net.BindException: Problem binding to
    [cloudera-dev.localdomain:8022]
    java.net.BindException: Address already in use; For more details see:
    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/BindException
    at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.wrapException(NetUtils.java:716)

    Harsh J

groupcdh-user @
categorieshadoop
postedNov 28, '12 at 8:27p