Hello,

I am in the process of installing CDH Hadoop/Zookeeper/HBase on a cluster.
I have set up Hadoop and zookeeper configuration using the alternatives
tool, as per the CDH3 Hadoop installation guide. I have tried to do this
for HBase as well, but it does not appear that the CDH HBase package
installs an alternatives entry for HBase. For example,

`sudo alternatives --display hadoop-0.20-conf` displays Hadoop conf
alternatives
`sudo alternatives --display hadoop-zookeeper-conf` displays hadoop conf
alternatives

but `sudo alternatives --display hadoop-hbase-conf` does not exist

The /etc/hbase/conf/ folder seems to be linked to /usr/lib/hbase/conf, but
I can't figure out the alternatives name it is using. Am I just missing
the name, or is HBase not supposed to use alternatives for conf management?

Thanks.

  • Roman Shaposhnik at Oct 22, 2012 at 8:23 pm

    I am in the process of installing CDH Hadoop/Zookeeper/HBase on a cluster.
    I have set up Hadoop and zookeeper configuration using the alternatives
    tool, as per the CDH3 Hadoop installation guide. I have tried to do this
    for HBase as well, but it does not appear that the CDH HBase package
    installs an alternatives entry for HBase. For example,

    `sudo alternatives --display hadoop-0.20-conf` displays Hadoop conf
    alternatives
    `sudo alternatives --display hadoop-zookeeper-conf` displays hadoop conf
    alternatives

    but `sudo alternatives --display hadoop-hbase-conf` does not exist

    The /etc/hbase/conf/ folder seems to be linked to /usr/lib/hbase/conf, but I
    can't figure out the alternatives name it is using. Am I just missing the
    name, or is HBase not supposed to use alternatives for conf management?
    This was a bug that got fixed upstream in pulled into CDH4. More info here:

    Roman.

groupcdh-user @
categorieshadoop
postedOct 22, '12 at 8:22p