Is there any way to create oozie cluster for scalability and high
availability issue?

If yes, can someone refer me to the right document?

Thanks,

Shay

  • Alejandro Abdelnur at Oct 22, 2012 at 4:12 pm
    shay,

    this is a planned feature, most of the hooks are already in place but it has not been implemented yet. some oozie setups have cold stand by server with is started upon failure of the running one, and both of them are being a LB or VIP, given that oozie keeps all its state in a DB all job continue running without any problem. so you have a small sindow of interrupcion of service but no jobs are lost.

    thx

    Alejandro
    Is there any way to create oozie cluster for scalability and high availability issue?

    If yes, can someone refer me to the right document?

    Thanks,

    Shay

  • Santhosh Srinivasan at Oct 22, 2012 at 7:53 pm
    You can also refer to the following link for a manual failover:
    https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDH4DOC/Oozie+Installation#OozieInstallation-ConfiguringOozieFailover%28hot%2Fcold%29

    Santhosh
    this is a planned feature, most of the hooks are already in place but it
    has not been implemented yet. some oozie setups have cold stand by server
    with is started upon failure of the running one, and both of them are being
    a LB or VIP, given that oozie keeps all its state in a DB all job continue
    running without any problem. so you have a small sindow of interrupcion of
    service but no jobs are lost.

    thx

    Alejandro

    Is there any way to create oozie cluster for scalability and high
    availability issue?

    If yes, can someone refer me to the right document?

    Thanks,

    Shay

groupcdh-user @
categorieshadoop