Hi. We're running CDH4 with HBase and I'm interested to know what the
proper procedure is for restarting the name node to make some configuration
changes. Sorry if there's documentation for this but I can't find it.

  • Harsh J at Sep 29, 2012 at 5:11 pm
    Hey Adam,

    There isn't a special process.

    If you're using CM, just save configs and visit/select the NameNode
    from the Instances page and hit Restart.

    If you're using packages, simply do "service hadoop-hdfs-namenode
    restart". If you run highly-available NNs, you'll need to restart all
    of them one after the other to ensure they're still available.
    Hi. We're running CDH4 with HBase and I'm interested to know what the
    proper procedure is for restarting the name node to make some configuration
    changes. Sorry if there's documentation for this but I can't find it.

    Harsh J

groupcdh-user @
categorieshadoop
postedSep 28, '12 at 9:54p