Hi, I was wondering if anyone has attempted this. We have built an
orchestration engine that stiches together several steps of a hadoop
process such as reading data from HDFS, using java, pig to perform
validation, transformation steps and writing the record and other
information to HBase. Since all the components used are pretty much
100% java, can it be packaged as a jar, war, ear and deployed to any
standard app server like weblogic, jboss, websphere so that all the
connection and thread pooling can be delegated to the server. This will
also address the issues of enterprise grade transaction management where
the application has to handle and process 1000s of transactions per minute
or even second.

Please let me know if anyone has attempted this.

groupcdh-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJul 18, '12 at 2:06p
activeJul 18, '12 at 2:06p