Hi All,

We are having a problem with our Hadoop Pipes (C++) Map Reduce Jobs after
upgrading from Hadoop 0.20.2 to CDH3 Update 3.

The error that we get for our Map Tasks is:

stderr logs:

Hadoop Pipes Exception: Unknown binary command 10 at
/export/crawlspace/chris/work/branch-0.20/src/c++/pipes/impl/HadoopPipes.cc:446
in virtual void Hadoop Pipes::BinaryProtocol::nextEvent()

syslog logs:

ERROR org.apache.hadoop.mapred.pipes.BinaryProtocol: java.io.EOFException
ERROR org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation:
PriviledgedActionException as:<username> (auth:SIMPLE)
cause:java.io.IOException
WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child: Error running child

Has anyone seen this before? We have tried to recompile the C++ Binaries
against the CDH3U3 distro, but no success.

Thanks,
-b

Search Discussions

  • Ben at Jul 3, 2012 at 7:03 pm
    Never mind...

    Seems like the problem was a different version of libstdc++ on my machine
    vs what cloudera used to build libhadooppipes. It works when I roll my own
    libhadooppipes.
[...]

  • Harsh J at Jul 7, 2012 at 3:30 pm
    Hi Ben,

    Thank you for following up and sharing the solution! :)

    Can we also know
    what version of libstdc++ is installed on your OS, just for
    posterity's sake?

    --
    Harsh J

groupcdh-user @