How do we assign certain users to certain pools for Fair Scheduling.
Is there something that I need to change in the mapred-site.xml or the
allocations.xml.
Would really appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Search Discussions

  • Harsh J at Mar 30, 2012 at 6:53 am
    Hi,

    Map your 'mapred.fairscheduler.poolnameproperty' to 'user.name'
    (default). Then define <pool> elements named after usernames with the
    options you want for each. This way you do not need to then use the
    <user> elements in your allocations XML.

    Please do refer to
    http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/hadoop/fair_scheduler.html for more.

    --
    Harsh J