hi all hdfs users,

I am really interested in knowing how hdfs is use in real world,
particularly how does a typical hdfs namespace look like (e.g. how
many files, how many directories, how deep is the directory tree, how
many files per directory, etc). I want to simulate hdfs namespace in
a sensible way.

Could you share your information about your hdfs clusters, if possible?

Your information is extremely helpful.

Thanks,
Thanh

Search Discussions

  • Todd Lipcon at Mar 29, 2012 at 4:00 pm
    Hi Thanh,

    Maybe you could write a small program which uses the
    OfflineImageViewer to gather the statistics you need? Then folks might
    be able to run the script on their local fsimages and report back?

    -Todd

    --
    Todd Lipcon
    Software Engineer, Cloudera