Hello all--

I am trying to determine what I have isntalled from a given repository.

I have seen several references to "yum repo-pkgs" which I think is what
would work for me, but "repo-pkgs" does not seem to be a part of
yum 3.2.29. Is this a yum add on that I could get somewhere?

MzK

"Way down deep, we're all motivated by
  the same urges. Cats have the courage
  to live by them."
                         -- Jim Davis

Search Discussions

  • Jason Warr at Jul 21, 2015 at 9:09 pm

    I am trying to determine what I have isntalled from a given repository.

    I have seen several references to "yum repo-pkgs" which I think is what
    would work for me, but "repo-pkgs" does not seem to be a part of
    yum 3.2.29. Is this a yum add on that I could get somewhere?
    ## List installed packages from a repo
    yumdb search from_repo 'my-*-repo'
  • Robert Wolfe at Jul 21, 2015 at 9:09 pm
    Try:

    sudo yum repo-pkgs base info | less

    Where "base" can be anyh repoid that you have installed.

  • Binet, Valere (NIH/NIA/IRP) [C] at Jul 21, 2015 at 9:30 pm
    How about

    $ sudo yum list installed | grep <reponame>

    It won?t work in CentOS 5 but it should work in 6 or 7

    Val?re Binet [C]
    IT Security Administrator
    Kelly Government Solutions On-Site at the NIH
    NIH / NIA / IRP
    Tel : 410 558 8013
    mailto: binetv at nia.nih.gov

    mailto: binetv at nia.nih.gov

    This is the problem -- my version of yum does NOT have the repo-pkgs
    command.

    Where "base" can be anyh repoid that you have installed.

    MzK

    "Way down deep, we're all motivated by
      the same urges. Cats have the courage
      to live by them."
                             -- Jim Davis
  • Leon Fauster at Jul 21, 2015 at 10:08 pm