I rebooted a new CentOS 7 host and it attempted to start postfix and
apache before the network came up. Needless to say both complained
that they couldn't bind to the requested IP address and "entered the
failed state."

Did I miss an option somewhere? The network config is a manual one,
and I see from the generated file in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
that ONBOOT="yes"...

-- greg

Search Discussions

  • Greg Lindahl at Dec 27, 2014 at 6:17 am
    From reading

    http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/NetworkTarget/

    it seems that this is a common problem, and that

    systemctl enable NetworkManager-wait-online.service

    might be a solution. I have a bunch of IP aliases on the same
    network interface, is that what's caused my problem?