what they're doing.

Ron

Search Discussions

  • Phil Wyett at Dec 12, 2014 at 9:23 am

    On Fri, 2014-12-12 at 09:08 +0000, Ron Yorston wrote:
    Last month we discussed the problems with webcams in CentOS 6 and I
    raised Bugzilla #1158988 with Red Hat. This bug has now been declared
    a duplicate of 1145805. Unfortunately I'm unable to access that report
    so although I know Red Hat are looking into the matter I don't know
    what they're doing.

    Ron

    Could you be more specific about your issue? Does the webcam get
    detected? if you use 'cheese' do you get any errors in say 'dmesg'?

    There has been a webcam issue of late that seems to trace back to a
    regression with the latest kernels. This was fixed in the centos plus
    kernel, but there is a wait to see what Red Hat will do. This is a
    kernel issue and all kernel bugs are locked from public view bar Red Hat
    people and the reporter.

    Issue seen and fixed in plus kernel:

    http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?idx15

    Regards

    Phil

  • Ron Yorston at Dec 12, 2014 at 9:56 am

    Phil Wyett wrote:
    Could you be more specific about your issue? Does the webcam get
    detected? if you use 'cheese' do you get any errors in say 'dmesg'?

    There has been a webcam issue of late that seems to trace back to a
    regression with the latest kernels. This was fixed in the centos plus
    kernel, but there is a wait to see what Red Hat will do. This is a
    kernel issue and all kernel bugs are locked from public view bar Red Hat
    people and the reporter.

    Issue seen and fixed in plus kernel:

    http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?idx15

    I know all that: it was covered in the thread last month, where I
    promised to report any progress on the Red Hat bug.

    I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

    Ron
  • Phil Wyett at Dec 12, 2014 at 10:17 am

    Could you be more specific about your issue? Does the webcam get
    detected? if you use 'cheese' do you get any errors in say 'dmesg'?

    There has been a webcam issue of late that seems to trace back to a
    regression with the latest kernels. This was fixed in the centos plus
    kernel, but there is a wait to see what Red Hat will do. This is a
    kernel issue and all kernel bugs are locked from public view bar Red Hat
    people and the reporter.

    Issue seen and fixed in plus kernel:

    http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?idx15
    I know all that: it was covered in the thread last month, where I
    promised to report any progress on the Red Hat bug.

    I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

    Ron

    If you want progress/info from the Red Hat side, you could always email
    the assignee on your bug report and see if that gets a response.

    Regards

    Phil

    I know all that: it was covered in the thread last month, where I
    promised to report any progress on the Red Hat bug.

    I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

    Ron
    If you want progress/info from the Red Hat side, you could always email
    the assignee on your bug report and see if that gets a response.

    You can also try asking in your own Bugzilla #1158988 if they can add
    your email to the CC list of the private one. Sometime (but not all
    the time) they agree to do this for the original submitter.

    Akemi
  • Mark LaPierre at Dec 13, 2014 at 2:28 am

    Last month we discussed the problems with webcams in CentOS 6 and I
    raised Bugzilla #1158988 with Red Hat. This bug has now been declared
    a duplicate of 1145805. Unfortunately I'm unable to access that report
    so although I know Red Hat are looking into the matter I don't know
    what they're doing.

    Ron

    Yes, I reported this same issue a couple of weeks ago.