Using basically the same setup that works on C6, I have a C7 site.

in PHP.INI, it says "error_log = /tmp/php_errors.log"

PHP errors do not go there (or anywhere).

1. Apache has write perms to /tmp
2. I have restarted httpd since changing php.ini
3. The base php.ini is from the development version in /usr/share
4. Selinux is disabled.

Ideas?
--
-- Steve

Search Discussions

  • Steven Stern at Oct 29, 2014 at 10:10 pm

    Using basically the same setup that works on C6, I have a C7 site.

    in PHP.INI, it says "error_log = /tmp/php_errors.log"

    PHP errors do not go there (or anywhere).

    1. Apache has write perms to /tmp
    2. I have restarted httpd since changing php.ini
    3. The base php.ini is from the development version in /usr/share
    4. Selinux is disabled
    "PrivateTmp=true" works as you can see
    using /tmp for logfiles is plain stupid

    I changed it to error_log = php_errors.log and now it writes errors into
    the virtualhost's docroot. How do I put it someplace not accessible to
    the world, but readily found by me?

    - --
    - -- Steve
  • Steven Stern at Oct 29, 2014 at 10:16 pm

    Using basically the same setup that works on C6, I have a C7 site.

    in PHP.INI, it says "error_log = /tmp/php_errors.log"

    PHP errors do not go there (or anywhere).

    1. Apache has write perms to /tmp
    2. I have restarted httpd since changing php.ini
    3. The base php.ini is from the development version in /usr/share
    4. Selinux is disabled
    "PrivateTmp=true" works as you can see
    using /tmp for logfiles is plain stupid

    OK ... final message. I'm logging to syslog which seems both secure and
    readily findable.

    - --
    - -- Steve

groupcentos @