Hi, I would like to sync my CentOS 6.3 hardware clock time to my NTP
server's time. Can I do that without reboot the hosts?

If yes, it would be great if anyone of you can provide me steps to do that.
I am newbie in CentOS.

Thanks,
Anand Singh

Search Discussions

  • Rajagopal Swaminathan at Dec 2, 2013 at 11:24 am
    Greetings,

    Hi, I would like to sync my CentOS 6.3 hardware clock time to my NTP
    server's time. Can I do that without reboot the hosts?

    If yes, it would be great if anyone of you can provide me steps to do that.
    I am newbie in CentOS.

    ntpdate <ntp-server-name>

    service ntpd restart

    Before doing ntpdate adjust the clock to within a minute of network time.

    Otherwise it will take some time to adjust.

    Rajagopal
  • Arun Khan at Dec 2, 2013 at 2:07 pm

    Hi, I would like to sync my CentOS 6.3 hardware clock time to my NTP
    server's time. Can I do that without reboot the hosts?

    If yes, it would be great if anyone of you can provide me steps to do that.
    I am newbie in CentOS.
    ntpdate <ntp-server-name>

    service ntpd restart

    Also ensure that ntpdate service is turned OFF and ntpd service is ON
    (see chkconfig).

    -- Arun Khan
  • Phil Gardner at Dec 2, 2013 at 3:46 pm

    Hi, I would like to sync my CentOS 6.3 hardware clock time to my NTP
    server's time. Can I do that without reboot the hosts?

    If yes, it would be great if anyone of you can provide me steps to do that.
    I am newbie in CentOS.

    Thanks,
    Anand Singh
    Using root privs:

    /etc/init.d/ntpd stop
    /usr/sbin/ntpdate 2.us.pool.ntp.org # (or any other local public ntp server)
    /sbin/hwclock --systohc
    /etc/init.d/ntpd start

    --
    Phil Gardner

    Anand
    Hi, I would like to sync my CentOS 6.3 hardware clock time to my NTP
    server's time. Can I do that without reboot the hosts?

    If yes, it would be great if anyone of you can provide me steps to do that.
    I am newbie in CentOS.

    Thanks,
    Anand Singh

  • Leon Fauster at Dec 2, 2013 at 5:15 pm