As it stands now (or at least that is what I think) when
CentOS moves from one minor version to another (6.3 to 6.4)
the 6.3 version machines automatically pick up the upgrade
and the next time you do yum upgrade all of the upgrades are applied.

This happens because in the repo configs (in our case) we have
baseurl=ftp://yum.xx.xx.xx.xx/pub/linux/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
Is there a way to force a 6.3 machine to remain at 6.3 until
a human being decides that is is time to do so?

thanx

Search Discussions

  • Stephen Harris at Mar 29, 2013 at 12:59 pm

    baseurl=ftp://yum.xx.xx.xx.xx/pub/linux/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
    Is there a way to force a 6.3 machine to remain at 6.3 until
    a human being decides that is is time to do so?

    Change releasever to 6.3 for base and updates and any other repo that might
    refer to it.

    --

    rgds
    Stephen